Browse Items (1243 total)

1981-1410.jpg
Prince Charles paid a visit to the College of William and Mary in May of 1981. During this visit, he made a quick detour and visited parts of Colonial Williamsburg's Historic Area, including the Capitol and the Governor's Palace. Here, he is seen…

1951-W-1510.jpg
Given a moment of free time during their visit to Williamsburg, the Lord Mayor of London (Denys Lowson) and his wife (Patricia Lowson) chose to visit Jamestown Island on September 4, 1951. Here, they can be seen posing with the statue of Pocahontas.…

D-50.jpg
Pre-restoration view looking across Palace Green towards the Robert Carter House (formerly known as the Saunders-Dinwiddie House), Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

D-48.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the Public Gaol, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

D-47.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the side elevation of the Robert Carter House (formerly the Saunders Dinwiddie House), circa 1928.

D-46.jpg
Matthew Whaley School, once located on the site of the Governor's Palace in Williamsburg, Virginia, 1928.

D-45B.jpg
Bracken Tenement, formerly known as the Montague House, at corner of Francis and S. Queen Streets, looking west, circa 1928.

D-45A.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the side and rear elevations of The Quarter, formerly known as the Emily Christian House, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

D-7A.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the Greenhow Brick Office, also known as the Debtor's Prison, circa 1928.

D-114.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the Orrell House, formerly known as the McCandlish House, Francis Street, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

D-113.jpg
Pre-restoration view of front and side elevations of the Orrell House, formerly known as the McCandlish House, Francis Street, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

D-112.jpg
Pre-restoration view of rear elevation of the Orrell House, formerly known as the McCandlish House, Francis Street, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

D-111.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the Orrell House, also known as the McCandlish House, located on Francis Street in Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

D-110.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the Mayo House, also known as Boston House, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

432035-1.jpg
Mrs. Wattles posing with a group affiliated with the Austrian United Nations Organization in front of the Capitol, 1949.

1967-597.jpg
Lassie rides in a carriage during her May 1966 tour to Williamsburg. She and her CBS film crew came to film the outdoor scenes of the third episode of "Lassie the Voyager." In this episode, she is put on trial for being a stray dog and is defended…

362386-1.jpg
Prime Minister of Northern Ireland, Basil Brooke, and his wife, Lady Brooke, toured Colonial Williamsburg on April 23, 1950. Here they can be seen on their tour of the Capitol . Behind them can be seen the Peale portrait of George Washington.

1966-867-1.jpg
Deborah Bryant (or Miss America 1966) toured Williamsburg on April 7th, 1966. During her visit, she met with the twenty local contestants for the Miss Williamsburg pageant. Her tour of the historic area began with a photo op at the Governors Palace…

1951-W-1549.jpg
Patricia Lowson, Lady Mayoress of London, accompanied her husband Denys Lowson on his September 1951 tour of Colonial Williamsburg. Patricia was known for her energy and her interests that ranged from interior decorating to model trains. With her…

D-109.jpg
African-American children sit on the front porch of a house once located in Block 38, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.