Browse Items (138 total)

  • Tags: Brickwork

H223 Print Hol-100.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the Ludwell-Paradise House from the intersection of Duke of Gloucester Street and Queen Street, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

H009 Print Hol-84.jpg
Pre-restoration view looking across Duke of Gloucester Street towards the Geddy House and Roscow Cole House, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

H005 Print Hol-90.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the east façade of the Greenhow Brick Office, also known as the Debtor's Prison, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

AVPC-589-R.jpg
Recto and verso of postcard with an illustration of costumed interpreters standing in front of the of the Public Gaol, Williamsburg, Virginia. Back of card reads: After 250 years, this "strong sweet Prison" remains grim evidence of crime and…

D-48.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the Public Gaol, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

D-46.jpg
Matthew Whaley School, once located on the site of the Governor's Palace in Williamsburg, Virginia, 1928.

D-45A.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the side and rear elevations of The Quarter, formerly known as the Emily Christian House, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

D-7A.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the Greenhow Brick Office, also known as the Debtor's Prison, circa 1928.

D-39.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the Palmer House, formerly known as the Vest House, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1929,

D-37.jpg
Pre-restoration view of Bruton Parish Church and its cemetery, Williamsburg, Virginia circa 1928.

D-24.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the Ludwell-Paradise House, looking northeast, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

D-22.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the Benjamin Powell Office, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

D-17B.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the John Saunders House, formerly known as the Rabon House, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

D-17A.jpg
Williamsburg Methodist Church, located on Merchants Square at the corner of Duke of Gloucester and North Boundary streets, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

D-16A.jpg
Pre-restoration view from Jamestown Rd. of Brafferton Hall at the College of William & Mary, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

D-15A.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the George Wythe House, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

D-10D.jpg
Pre-restoration view of Bruton Parish Church from across Duke of Gloucester Street, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

D-9.jpg
Front elevation of the George Wythe House looking south along Palace Green towards Bruton Parish Church. The photo shows the Wythe House after its first period of restoration under the direction of Dr. W.A.R. Goodwin, who resided in it during this…

D-8A.jpg
Front elevation of the George Wythe House, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928. The photo shows the Wythe House after its first period of restoration under the direction of Dr. W.A.R. Goodwin, who resided in it during this era.
Dr. Goodwin added the…

D-5.jpg
Foundation remains on site of Masonic Lodge, circa 1928.
Output Formats

atom, dc-rdf, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2