Browse Items (138 total)

  • Tags: Brickwork

Swem-36.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the north façade of the Lightfoot House (formerly the Allen-Byrd House or Coke House), Williamsburg, Virginia.

LC364P3.jpg
This image of the present-day Christmas Shop, in what is known as the Arcade Building, shows the evolution of uses on Merchant's Square. Among the earliest in the shopping mall genre, the area has had a variety of tenants. Initially the town's post…

S597.jpg
Detail of exterior of Bacon's Castle, Surry County, Virginia, June, 1931.

H216 Print Hol-93.jpg
Pre-restoration view of Market Square looking towards Williamsburg Baptist Church and Williamsburg Hotel (also known at one time as Dr. Bell's Hospital), Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

Swem-02.jpg
Pre-restoration view of west and south facades of the Benjamin Powell Office, Williamsburg, Virginia.

D-22.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the Benjamin Powell Office, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

H128 Print Hol-280.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the west and south elevations of the Benjamin Powell Office in Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

H019 Print Hol-73.jpg
View of Bowden-Armistead House showing the west and south facades, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928. Bruton Parish Church is visible to the right.

D-16A.jpg
Pre-restoration view from Jamestown Rd. of Brafferton Hall at the College of William & Mary, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

N2441.jpg
The southwest elevation of Brafferton Hall at the College of William and Mary in Williamsburg, Virginia, circa early 1930s.

LC368P2.jpg
Exterior of the Brafferton building, College of William and Mary, view from the courtyard, 1935. "At first, the Native American students had a classroom in the Wren Building and lodged elsewhere in the town. The Brafferton was completed for their use…

LC368P1.jpg
Exterior of the Brafferton building, College of William and Mary, view from the courtyard, 1935. "At first, the Native American students had a classroom in the Wren Building and lodged elsewhere in the town. The Brafferton was completed for their use…

N6438.jpg
View of the restored Brick House Tavern on Duke of Gloucester Street in Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1940.

Bruton Parish
Lantern slide featuring a photo of the exterior of Bruton Parish Church as it appeared around 1935. It is the twenty-first slide in a set produced by the Pacific Stereopticon Co. of Los Angeles, California, now defunct, to illustrate the story of…

D-10D.jpg
Pre-restoration view of Bruton Parish Church from across Duke of Gloucester Street, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

D-37.jpg
Pre-restoration view of Bruton Parish Church and its cemetery, Williamsburg, Virginia circa 1928.

H016 Print Hol-75.jpg
Pre-restoration view of Bruton Parish Church showing the south façade from Duke of Gloucester Street, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

LC335P1.jpg
View of the exterior of Bruton Parish Church taken by F.S. Lincoln in 1935. A smaller seventeenth-century structure stood on the site from 1683 until 1715, when the larger and more elaborate cruciform-style church replaced it. Located at the edge of…
Output Formats

atom, dc-rdf, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2