Browse Items (48 total)

  • Tags: Bruton Parish Church

H016 Print Hol-75.jpg
Pre-restoration view of Bruton Parish Church showing the south façade from Duke of Gloucester Street, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

H019 Print Hol-73.jpg
View of Bowden-Armistead House showing the west and south facades, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928. Bruton Parish Church is visible to the right.

H268 Print Hol-152.jpg
Pre-restoration view of Williamsburg, Virginia looking northeast toward Bruton Parish Church from Eastern State Hospital area, circa 1928.

AV-99-11-00-R1.jpg
A postcard set titled "Greetings from Historic Williamsburg. A Collection of images from Colonial Williamsburg." The cover page includes the Governor's Palace, a view of the Palace gardens, and the interior of Bruton Parish Church. Page two has…

D-101-2.jpg
View looking down Palace Green towards Duke of Gloucester Street, Williamsburg, Virginia, 1928. Building pictured on the right are, left to right: George Wythe House, Presbyterian Church (no longer standing), and Calhoun House (no longer…

D-101-1.jpg
View looking down Palace Green towards Duke of Gloucester Street, Williamsburg, Virginia, 1928. Building pictured on the right are, left to right: George Wythe House, Presbyterian Church (no longer standing), and Calhoun House (no longer standing).…

D-93.jpg
Pre-restoration view of Duke of Gloucester Street looking east on Block 22 near Henry Street, Williamsburg, Virginia circa 1928. Identifiable stores in the foreground include (left side) College Pharmacy, R.T. Casey & Sons General Merchandise and…

D-37.jpg
Pre-restoration view of Bruton Parish Church and its cemetery, Williamsburg, Virginia circa 1928.

D-30.jpg
Pre-restoration view of Bruton Parish Church, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928,

D-10D.jpg
Pre-restoration view of Bruton Parish Church from across Duke of Gloucester Street, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

D-9.jpg
Front elevation of the George Wythe House looking south along Palace Green towards Bruton Parish Church. The photo shows the Wythe House after its first period of restoration under the direction of Dr. W.A.R. Goodwin, who resided in it during this…

Na2367.jpg
Table tomb in Bruton Parish Churchyard, Williamsburg, Virginia, 1930

HLS-5.jpg
Bruton Parish Church as it appeared in the early 1930s, facing north across Duke of Gloucester Street in Williamsburg, Virginia.

HLS-3.jpg
Lantern slide featuring a photographic portrait of Dr. W.A.R. Goodwin, rector of Bruton Parish Church and a leading force behind the development of Colonial Williamsburg. He is standing in front of brick steps, possibly the Wythe House.

HLS-2.jpg
A painting of Bruton Parish Church in Williamsburg, Virginia, as it might have appeared in the eighteenth-century. Painted by A. Wordsworth Thompson after a painting at the Metropolitan Museum of Art.

AVPC-005-R.jpg
Among the official Colonial Williamsburg postcards produced by H.S. Crocker Co., Inc. in the 1950s was a series featuring scenes from the new Visitor's Center orientation film known as "Williamsburg - The Story of a Patriot."

The caption reads:…

AVPC-425-R.jpg
Recto and verso of postcard published by Williamsburg resident Henry Dennison Cole and sold in his shop along Duke of Gloucester Street. An example of an early Divided Back postcard, it features a view of the sanctuary of Bruton Parish Church after…

AVPC-93-086-R.jpg
Recto and verso of postcard produced by The Albertype Company that features a view looking from the rear balcony down the nave of Bruton Parish Church towards the altar. The sanctuary retains the appearance that resulted from architect J. Stewart…

AVPC-555-R.jpg
Recto and verso of postcard depicting the interior of Bruton Parish Church published by the Albertype Company and distributed by H.D. Cole. View looking from the rear balcony down the nave of Bruton Parish Church towards the altar. The sanctuary…