Browse Items (94 total)

  • Tags: Clyde Holmes

H005 Print Hol-90.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the east façade of the Greenhow Brick Office, also known as the Debtor's Prison, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

H003 Print Hol-89.jpg
Pre-restoration view of Tool Shop, Jail, Firehouse, and City Hall along west side of England Street when it extended through Market Square, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

H004 Print Hol-88.jpg
View looking northeast of southwest elevation of the Colonial Hotel, on the site of present-day Chownings Tavern, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928. The Colonial Hotel became a Williamsburg Inn annex and was later demolished

H215 Print Hol-92.jpg
Hotel Williamsburg, later Bell’s Hospital, located near the Powder Magazine on Market Square, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

H211 Print Hol-109.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the north façade of the Emma Lou Barlow or George Reid House, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

H232 Print Hol-111.jpg
Looking northwest on Duke of Gloucester Street towards the James City Furniture Company (formerly Samuel Harris Store) in Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

H233 Print Hol-112.jpg
Pre-restoration view looking southeast along Duke of Gloucester Street in the area of Block 10, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

H267 Print Hol-151.jpg
View looking north from Francis Street towards Eastern State Hospital, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

H268 Print Hol-152.jpg
Pre-restoration view of Williamsburg, Virginia looking northeast toward Bruton Parish Church from Eastern State Hospital area, circa 1928.

H265 Print Hol-150.jpg
Pre-restoration view of northwest corner of Francis and Nassau streets, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

H269 Print Hol-156.jpg
Pre-restoration view looking east along Francis Street from Nassau Street, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

H259 Print Hol-145.jpg
Pre-restoration view of Frank Clark House and Brooks House on west Francis Street, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928, prior to their demolition.

H260 Print Hol-146.jpg
Pre-restoration view looking northeast on Francis Street towards the Overton-Allard House prior to its demolition, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

H263 Print Hol-148.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the south façade of the Travis House, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

H262 Print Hol-147.jpg
Pre-restoration view of Henry Street looking north from its intersection with Francis Street, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928. A corner of the Travis House is visible on the far right.

H251 Print Hol-137.jpg
Pre-restoration view looking east on Duke of Gloucester Street towards the exposed foundations on the site of the colonial Capitol, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1929. The Palmer House is visible to the right.

H255 Print Hol-138.jpg
Pre-restoration view looking northeast towards the APVA monument and the exposed foundations of the colonial Capitol site, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1929.

H270 Print Hol-158.jpg
Pre-restoration view of Chapman House in Williamsburg, Virginia, prior to its demolition, circa 1928.

H273 Print Hol-160.jpg
Pre-restoration view looking southeast towards the Custis Kitchen, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

H247 Print Hol-130.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the west end of the north façade of Wetherburn's Tavern (formerly known as Richard Bland's Tavern), Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.