Browse Items (26 total)

  • Tags: Curtains

HLS-139.jpg
Interior of the Governor's Bedroom in the Governor's Palace, view toward the bed, 1935. Interior furnishings and decor reflect curators' views in the 1930s as to how Williamsburg's historic interiors may have looked in the eighteenth century.…

HLS-138.jpg
View of the southeast bedchamber at the Governor's Palace as it appeared in the 1930s. Surviving inventories of colonial governors provided guidance to curatorial staff as they furnished the reconstructed Palace.

HLS-85.jpg
Interior of Raleigh Tavern's Apollo Room, 1935. The Apollo Room at the Raleigh Tavern was the frequent scene of both jollity and consequence. Dinners and dances rivaled in elegance those at the Palace and burgesses reconvened at the tavern when they…

AV-2015-02-23-R.jpg
Recto and verso of official Colonial Williamsburg postcard illustrated with a photo of the library of the Peyton Randolph House.

The caption reads: "The library-office in the home of Peyton Randolph, one of the leading statesmen of colonial…

AV-2015-02-20-R.jpg
Recto and verso of official Colonial Williamsburg postcard featuring a photo of a costumed interpreter pausing just inside the door of the stair passage of the Peyton Randolph House.

The caption reads: "Elegant and spacious, this stair passage,…

AV-2005-01-R.jpg
Recto and verso of official Colonial Williamsburg postcard featuring a color reproduction of a photo of the Governor's Palace Supper Room. A Chinese wallpaper pattern is visible on the walls, though it has since been removed. Among the room's…

AVPC-49a-R.jpg
Recto and verso of postcard illustrated with a color photo of two costumed interpreters conversing in the Chamber over the Dining Room of the Governor's Palace. This official Colonial Williamsburg postcard produced by H.S. Crocker Co., Inc. is an…

AVPC-053-R.jpg
Recto and verso of postcard illustrated with a color photo of an African American costumed interpreter lighting a chandelier in the Supper Room of the Governor's Palace. This official Colonial Williamsburg postcard produced by H.S. Crocker Co., Inc.…

AVPC-051-R.jpg
Recto of an official Colonial Williamsburg postcard illustrated with a photo of the Family Dining Room in the Governor's Palace. The dining table is decorated for Christmas with a combination of pine boughs, magnolia leaves, fruit, and nuts.

The…

PSC-028.jpg
Lantern slide featuring a photo taken by F.S. Lincoln of the Common Dining Room in the Raleigh Tavern as it appeared in 1935. It is the twenty-eighth slide in a set produced by the Pacific Stereopticon Co. of Los Angeles, California, now defunct, to…

PSC-027.jpg
Lantern slide featuring photo taken by F.S. Lincoln of the west end of the Great Room, Market Square Tavern, in 1935. It is the twenty-seventh slide in a set produced by the Pacific Stereopticon Co. of Los Angeles, California, now defunct, to…

PSC-026.jpg
Lantern slide featuring a photo taken by F.S. Lincoln of the Dining Room in the Travis House as it appeared in 1935. It is the twenty-sixth slide in a set produced by the Pacific Stereopticon Co. of Los Angeles, California, now defunct, to…

LC360P3.jpg
A popular restaurant for tourists in the 1930s, the Travis House stood for a period of time along Duke of Gloucester Street on the site formerly occupied by the Palace Theatre. Its menu featured dishes inspired by colonial recipes. The structure…

LC327P55.jpg
Interior of the Governor's Bedroom in the Governor's Palace, view toward the bed, 1935. Interior furnishings and decor reflect curators' views in the 1930s as to how Williamsburg's historic interiors may have looked in the eighteenth century. …

LC328P3.jpg
View of the west end of the Great Room of the Market Square Tavern taken by F.S. Lincoln in 1935. The original tavern structure burned down in 1859 but the remains of the original foundations allowed for the restoration of the building to its…

LC328P2.jpg
View of the west end of the Great Room of the Market Square Tavern taken by F.S. Lincoln in 1935. The original tavern structure burned down in 1859 but the remains of the original foundations allowed for the restoration of the building to its…