Browse Items (70 total)

  • Tags: Frank Nivison

N5524.jpg
View looking along Nicholson Street towards the pillory and stocks outside the Public Gaol soon after its restoration, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1940.

N6116.jpg
View of Person's Servicenter, an Esso gas and service station once located at the corner of Boundary and Francis Streets in Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1940.

N1306.jpg
View of the front and side elevations of the Prentis Store when it housed the "Apothecary Antique Shoppe," Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1931.

N6925.jpg
Rear elevation of the Wren Building at the College of William and Mary in Williamsburg, Virginia, undergoing restoration, circa 1930.

N4616.jpg
View of the southwest elevation of the reconstructed "First" Capitol of 1704 nearing completion in Williamsburg, Virginia, February 15, 1934.

N2735.jpg
View of the apsidal end of the East wing of the Capitol under reconstruction, Williamsburg, Virginia, May 16, 1932

N6438.jpg
View of the restored Brick House Tavern on Duke of Gloucester Street in Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1940.

N6493.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the front of the Taliaferro-Cole house on Duke of Gloucester Street in Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1940.

N6568.jpg
View of the east elevation of the Goodwin Building on Henry Street in Williamsburg, Virginia, soon after its dedication on January 21, 1941. The building served as the headquarters for The Colonial Williamsburg Foundation from 1941 until June 2018,…

N6846.jpg
Restoration progress view of the Dr. Barraud House, formerly known as the Ryland House, at its location on the corner of Francis Street and Botetourt Street, Williamsburg, Virginia, March 17, 1942.

N6763.jpg
Restoration progress view of the front elevation of the Peyton Randolph House, formerly the Randolph-Peachy House, on Nicholson Street, Williamsburg, Virginia, August 16, 1941.

N6718.jpg
Progress photo of front elevation of Chowning's Tavern under reconstruction, Williamsburg, Virginia, July 3, 1941.

N6684.jpg
Restoration progress photo of the front elevation of the Lightfoot House, previously known as the Allen-Byrd House, located on Francis Street in Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1930s.

N6697.jpg
Construction progress on Edinburgh Castle Tavern, originally known as Burdette's Ordinary, Duke of Gloucester Street, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1930s.

N5107.jpg
Progress photo of northwest elevation of the icehouse behind the Governor's Palace in Williamsburg, Virginia, November 15, 1934. Laborers works on sorting bricks to the right while portions of several railroad cars are visible to the left.

N5178.jpg
View looking across the C&O railroad tracks towards the ballroom wing of the Governor's Palace under reconstruction, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1930s.

N679.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the front elevation of the Grissell-Hay Lodging House, formerly known as the Van Garrett House, located on Nicholson Street facing the Courthouse Green in Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1930s.

N537.jpg
Wallace shops located on Boundary Street, Williamsburg, Virginia, April 16, 1931., prior to their demolition. A "Corner Billiards" sign and a bus schedule are posted on one of the buildings.

N5325.jpg
Progress photograph looking across the newly planted maze towards the formal gardens at the Governor's Palace, Williamsburg, Virginia, 1935.

N3755.jpg
A pre-restoration view of the Chiswell-Bucktrout House, formerly known as the Freeman House, located on Francis Street, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928. A boy stands out front on roller skates.
Output Formats

atom, dc-rdf, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2