Browse Items (25 total)

  • Tags: Nicholson Street

N6763.jpg
Restoration progress view of the front elevation of the Peyton Randolph House, formerly the Randolph-Peachy House, on Nicholson Street, Williamsburg, Virginia, August 16, 1941.

N679.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the front elevation of the Grissell-Hay Lodging House, formerly known as the Van Garrett House, located on Nicholson Street facing the Courthouse Green in Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1930s.

S125.jpg
Pre-restoration view of James City County Training School located near corner of Botetourt and Nicholson Street in Williamsburg, Virginia, June 10, 1930.

N417.jpg
Progress photo of the south elevation of the Tucker-Coleman House, now known as the St. George Tucker House, Nicholson Street, Williamsburg, Virginia, March, 1931.

N219.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the south elevation of the St. George Tucker House, formerly the Tucker-Coleman House, Nicholson Street, Williamsburg, Virginia, January 19, 1931.

H145 Print Hol-262.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the south elevation of the Nicholson School once located on Nicholson Street in Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

H146 Print Hol-261.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the south elevation of the Peyton Randolph House on Nicholson Street in Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

H154 Print Hol-248.jpg
Pre-restoration view looking east along Nicholson Street from Palace Green towards the St. George Tucker House (left) and B.D. Peachy House (right), Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

D-82.jpg
Pre-restoration view looking along Nicholson Street of the Lee Property, including the Donegan House, Pierce House, and E.M. Lee outbuilding, prior to their demolition, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

D-68.jpg
Pre-restoration view looking east along Nicholson Street towards the Public Gaol, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928. The Booker Tenement, formerly known as the Redwood Ordinary, is the third structure from the left.

D-56.jpg
Between 1924 and 1940, James City County Training School educated students from first to eleventh grade in what was once a thriving African American neighborhood at the corner of North Botetourt and East Nicholson Streets in Williamsburg, Virginia.

Swem-06.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the Booker Tenement (formerly known as the Redwood Ordinary) located on Nicholson Street, Williamsburg, Virginia.

Swem-05.jpg
Pre-restoration view of south façade of the St. George Tucker House, Nicholson Street, Williamsburg, Virginia.

Swem-59.jpg
Pre-restoration view of south façade of the Peyton Randolph House, Nicholson Street, Williamsburg, Virginia.

Swem-48.jpg
Patsy Custis House, Williamsburg, Virginia, at its original location on Nicholson Street.

Swem-31.jpg
The St. George Tucker Law Office, Nicholson Street, Williamsburg, Virginia. Since the structure was erected in the nineteenth-century, it was demolished during the restoration of the property to its eighteenth-century appearance..

D2008-COPY-1014-1059.jpg
Exterior of the St. George Tucker House, viewed from behind the fence of the Roscow-Cole Stable yard across Nicholson Street, 1933. This view of the St. George Tucker property shows the front elevation of one of the Historic Area's original…

DUR446.jpg
Ernest Wallace Hillside Café, also known as Wallace and Cook's Beer Garden, located on Raleigh Lane [no longer extant] between Franklin and Nicholson Streets, Williamsburg, Va., September 1953. From left to right: Mr. Goodman, Charles Wallace, Elsie…

LC365P8.jpg
View across Palace Green of Bruton Parish Church, as seen from behind the front yard fence of the St. George Tucker House (on the corner of Nicholson Street and Palace Street), 1935.

LC365P9.jpg
View of Bruton Parish Church across Palace Green, from the corner of Nicholson Street and Palace Street, 1935.

A smaller seventeenth-century structure stood on the site from 1683 until 1715, when the larger and more elaborate cruciform-style…
Output Formats

atom, dc-rdf, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2