Browse Items (188 total)

  • Tags: Porches

LC357P2.jpg
This view of the north front of the William Finnie House shows the property as first restored. An original structure remaining intact from the late eighteenth century, the building is admired as an early example of Federal architecture and…

LC332P5.jpg
This view looking northeast at the St. George Tucker property shows one of the Historic Area's original eighteenth-century houses, when still occupied by descendants of the original builder. Later additions and outbuildings have been removed and…

LC331P2.jpg
This view of the south and east facade of the Courthouse shows the building with its unique cantilevered entrance porch. This original building was constructed shortly before the Revolution and it is thought that the stone columns intended to support…

LC332P1.jpg
View looking through the front gate towards the North elevation of the St. George Tucker House, taken by F.S. Lincoln in 1935. St. George Tucker, a law professor at the College of William & Mary, purchased and moved the central portion of the house…

LC332P3.jpg
This view through the front gate of the St. George Tucker property shows the front elevation of one of the Historic Area's original eighteenth-century houses, when it was still occupied by descendants of the original builder. St. George Tucker, a…

LC332P4.jpg
Oblique view looking through the front gate towards the north elevation of the St. George Tucker House, taken by F.S. Lincoln in 1935. St. George Tucker, a law professor at the College of William & Mary, purchased and moved the central portion of…

LC332P6.jpg
Close-up view of the chimney of the St. George Tucker House, 1935. St. George Tucker, a law professor at the College of William and Mary, purchased and moved the central portion of the house from Palace Green to Market Square in 1788. He added…

LC332P10.jpg
View looking from the boxwood garden towards the eastern end of the St. George Tucker House, 1935. St. George Tucker, a law professor at the College of William and Mary, purchased and moved the central portion of the house from Palace Green to…

LC333P1.jpg
View of the Coke-Garrett House, taken from the garden by F.S. Lincoln in 1935. Three costumed interpreters or "hostesses" stand along a brick pathway in the boxwood garden adjacent to the house. Once the eighteenth-century residence of silversmith…

LC333P3.jpg
View of the Coke-Garrett House taken from the garden by F.S. Lincoln in 1935. Once the eighteenth-century residence of silversmith John Coke, the house later became the home of the Garrett family in the nineteenth century. The garden features a…

LC333P6.jpg
View of brick path leading towards the Coke-Garrett House, taken by F.S. Lincoln in 1935. Once the eighteenth-century residence of silversmith John Coke, the house later became the home of the Garrett family in the nineteenth century. The garden…

LC333P9.jpg
View of the Office of the Coke-Garrett House taken by F.S. Lincoln in 1935. Once the eighteenth-century residence of silversmith John Coke, the house later became the home of the Garrett family, who added the central Greek Revival style portion and…

LC333P10.jpg
View of the Coke-Garrett House taken from the garden by F.S. Lincoln in 1935. The western portion served as the eighteenth-century residence of silversmith John Coke, while the central Greek Revival style portion was constructed in the early…

LC333P11.jpg
View of the Coke-Garrett House taken from the garden by F.S. Lincoln in 1935. The western portion served as the eighteenth-century residence of silversmith John Coke, while the central Greek Revival style portion was constructed in the early…

LC448P1.jpg
Exterior view of The Quarter from outside a fence, 1935. "Little is known about The Quarter, a small nineteenth-century cottage, although it is believed that it served for a time as a slave quarter. The addition of a shed portion at the rear of the…

LC365P1.jpg
View of Ayscough Shop and William Finnie House, looking south across Francis Street, 1935. The structure to the left is the Ayscough Shop, which housed the Forge and Wheel (a retail establishment) in 1935. The shop sold decorative ironwork, pottery,…

LC364P6.jpg
Exterior of the Margaret Hunter Shop, once known as Pender's Grocery, looking east down Duke of Gloucester Street, 1935. When Colonial Williamsburg first opened as a museum in the 1930s, Duke of Gloucester Street consisted of a combination of…

LC364P5.jpg
Exterior of the Margaret Hunter Shop, once known as Pender's Grocery, as viewed from Duke of Gloucester Street, 1935.  When Colonial Williamsburg first opened as a museum in the 1930s, Duke of Gloucester Street consisted of a combination of…

LC362P4.jpg
View of the exterior of the James Galt House taken from the left to show the garden with geometric parterres adjacent to the residence. James Galt served as a keeper at the Public Hospital and constructed the house in its original location on the…

LC362P3.jpg
View of the exterior of the James Galt House taken from the left to show the boxwood garden adjacent to the residence. James Galt served as a keeper at the Public Hospital and constructed the house in its original location on the hospital grounds in…
Output Formats

atom, dc-rdf, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2