Browse Items (23 total)

  • Tags: St. George Tucker House

Swem-05.jpg
Pre-restoration view of south façade of the St. George Tucker House, Nicholson Street, Williamsburg, Virginia.

Swem-31.jpg
The St. George Tucker Law Office, Nicholson Street, Williamsburg, Virginia. Since the structure was erected in the nineteenth-century, it was demolished during the restoration of the property to its eighteenth-century appearance..

Garr-020A.jpg
Hand-colored photograph of St. George Tucker House, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1930's

Na2369.jpg
Looking northwest across Market Square towards the St. George Tucker House, Williamsburg, Virginia, 1930

HLS-56.jpg
This view looking northeast at the St. George Tucker property shows one of the Historic Area's original eighteenth-century houses, when still occupied by descendants of the original builder. Later additions and outbuildings have been removed and…

HLS-55.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the front elevation of the St. George Tucker property, one of the Historic Area's original eighteenth-century houses, when still occupied by descendants of the original builder. St. George Tucker, a law professor at the…

HLS-57.jpg
Hand-colored lantern slide featuring a photo of the St. George Tucker House Kitchen taken by F.S. Lincoln in 1935.

This view is looking from the boxwood garden towards the eastern end of the St. George Tucker House. St. George Tucker, a law…

PSC-020.jpg
Hand-colored lantern slide featuring photo of St. George Tucker House Kitchen taken by F.S. Lincoln in 1935. It is the twentieth slide in a set produced by the Pacific Stereopticon Co. of Los Angeles, California, now defunct, to illustrate the story…

PSC-019.jpg
Hand-colored lantern slide featuring photo of exterior of St. George Tucker House taken by F.S. Lincoln in 1935. It is the nineteenth slide in a set produced by the Pacific Stereopticon Co. of Los Angeles, California, now defunct, to illustrate the…

PSC-018.jpg
Lantern slide featuring a pre-restoration photo of the St. George Tucker House. It is the eighteenth slide in a set produced by the Pacific Stereopticon Co. of Los Angeles, California, now defunct, to illustrate the story of Dr. W.A.R. Goodwin's…

T2001-59.jpg
This streetscape illustrates the east side of Palace Green. It shows the Governor's Palace, Brush House (now the Thomas Everard House), First Theatre, Levingston House (now called the Levingston Kitchen), Gilmer's Apothecary (now called the St.…

D2010-COPY-0106-1027.jpg
This streetscape illustrates the north side of Duke of Gloucester Street at Block 19. Depicted on Duke of Gloucester Street are the Geddy House, Norton House (presently called the Roscow Cole House), the Courthouse, and the Dixon Shop and Bird House…

D2008-COPY-1014-1061.jpg
Exterior of the St. George Tucker House, view of the formal boxwood garden and the eastern facade of the Tucker House Kitchen, 1933. The St. George Tucker House is one of the Historic Area's original eighteenth-century structures, and this view…

D2008-COPY-1014-1059.jpg
Exterior of the St. George Tucker House, viewed from behind the fence of the Roscow-Cole Stable yard across Nicholson Street, 1933. This view of the St. George Tucker property shows the front elevation of one of the Historic Area's original…

LC332P11.jpg
View looking from the boxwood garden towards the eastern end of the St. George Tucker House, 1935. St. George Tucker, a law professor at the College of William and Mary, purchased and moved the central portion of the house from Palace Green to…

LC365P8.jpg
View across Palace Green of Bruton Parish Church, as seen from behind the front yard fence of the St. George Tucker House (on the corner of Nicholson Street and Palace Street), 1935.

LC332P10.jpg
View looking from the boxwood garden towards the eastern end of the St. George Tucker House, 1935. St. George Tucker, a law professor at the College of William and Mary, purchased and moved the central portion of the house from Palace Green to…

LC332P8.jpg
Distant view of the St. George Tucker House taken from Palace Green. St. George Tucker, a law professor at the College of William and Mary, purchased and moved the central portion of the house from Palace Green to Market Square in 1788. He added…

LC332P6.jpg
Close-up view of the chimney of the St. George Tucker House, 1935. St. George Tucker, a law professor at the College of William and Mary, purchased and moved the central portion of the house from Palace Green to Market Square in 1788. He added…

LC332P4.jpg
Oblique view looking through the front gate towards the north elevation of the St. George Tucker House, taken by F.S. Lincoln in 1935. St. George Tucker, a law professor at the College of William & Mary, purchased and moved the central portion of…