Browse Items (12 total)

  • Tags: William Finnie House

H198 Print Hol-202 .jpg
Pre-restoration view of the north facade of the William Finnie House, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

D-84.jpg
Pre-restoration view along Francis Street of the William Finnie House, also known as the James Semple House, and the Timberlake House, now demolished, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

D-4.jpg
Pre-restoration view of William Finnie House (formerly the James Semple House), Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

Swem-25.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the south wing or ballroom wing of the William Finnie House (formerly the Semple House), Williamsburg, Virginia.

HLS-80.jpg
View of the front elevation of the William Finnie House (formerly known as the James Semple House) taken by F.S. Lincoln in 1935. One of the eighty-eight original buildings at Colonial Williamsburg, the Finnie House is named after William Finnie. He…

AV-2000-2-10-R.jpg
Recto and verso of postcard of the William Finnie House, once known as the Peyton Randolph House, published by H.D. Cole, News Dealer.

One of the eighty-eight original buildings at Colonial Williamsburg, the Finnie House is named after William…

PSC-017.jpg
Hand-colored lantern slide featuring photo of exterior elevation of William Finnie House, formerly known as Captain Orr's Dwelling, taken by F.S. Lincoln in 1935. It is the seventeenth slide in a set produced by the Pacific Stereopticon Co. of Los…

AVPC-93-090-R.jpg
Postcard depicting the James Semple House (now known as the William Finnie House), Williamsburg, Va., published by the Albertype Co., Brooklyn, NY.

The caption reads: "James Semple House, Williamsburg, Virginia. A restored house which though built…

LC357P4.jpg
View of the front elevation of the William Finnie House taken by F.S. Lincoln in 1935. One of the eighty-eight original buildings at Colonial Williamsburg, the Finnie House is named after William Finnie. He resided in the home in the 1770s and early…

LC365P1.jpg
View of Ayscough Shop and William Finnie House, looking south across Francis Street, 1935. The structure to the left is the Ayscough Shop, which housed the Forge and Wheel (a retail establishment) in 1935. The shop sold decorative ironwork, pottery,…

LC365P7.jpg
View of Ayscough Shop and William Finnie House from Francis Street, 1935. The structure to the left is the Ayscough Shop, which housed the Forge and Wheel (a retail establishment) in 1935. The shop sold decorative ironwork, pottery, and other items.…

LC357P2.jpg
This view of the north front of the William Finnie House shows the property as first restored. An original structure remaining intact from the late eighteenth century, the building is admired as an early example of Federal architecture and…