Browse Items (1228 total)

  • Tags: Williamsburg

1987-1105.jpg
Documentary photo of a weeping willow tree, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1920s, taken by landscape architect Arthur Shurcliff as part of his study of local flora.

1987-1106.jpg
A documentary photo of a red bud tree, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1920s, taken by landscape architect Arthur Shurcliff as part of his study of local flora.

S286.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the overgrown boxwood behind the Everard House in Williamsburg, Virginia, August 25, 1928.

S364.jpg
View looking towards the Williamsburg Train Station at its old location near the intersection of today's England and Lafayette streets in Williamsburg, Virginia, May 1930

S1210.jpg
View of the Virginia Electric & Power Co. (VEPCO) Building, formerly located in Block 20 on the site of what is now the Governor's Palace gardens, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa late 1920s.

S1205.jpg
An aerial view of the parking lot in Merchants Square during construction of the new business district in Williamsburg, Virginia, November 1931.

N5621.jpg
Progress photo looking southeast of the restoration of the Elkanah Deane House, Williamsburg, Virginia, February 2, 1938.

N344.jpg
Restoration progress photo of the Grissell Hay Lodging House Kitchen, formerly known as the Van Garrett Kitchen and the Archibald Blair Kitchen, located on North England Street, Williamsburg, Virginia, . March 3, 1931.

N438.jpg
Restored view of the north elevation of the Travis House in Williamsburg, Virginia when it was located on Duke of Gloucester Street and operated as a restaurant in the 1930s.. Later it was moved to Block 5 (current location of the parking lot…

N200.jpg
Williamsburg Post Office when located in the former Williamsburg Methodist Church building on Market Square, circa 1928.

S125.jpg
Pre-restoration view of James City County Training School located near corner of Botetourt and Nicholson Street in Williamsburg, Virginia, June 10, 1930.

S374.jpg
View of the Williamsburg Railroad Station, Williamsburg, Virginia, May, 1930, in its former location behind what is today the grounds of the reconstructed Governor's Palace. The Virginia Electric and Power Company (VEPCO) building and tower are…

N2178.jpg
Pre-restoration view of southwest elevation of Collins Cleaning & Dyeing Co., Williamsburg, Virginia, February 9, 1932. This building was originally located in the area bordered by Lafayette St., N. England St. and Scotland St. near the Governor's…

N689.jpg
View of south elevation of Casey's Store, located on Duke of Gloucester Street, Williamsburg, Virginia, May 6, 1931, prior to its demolition.

N580.jpg
View of the front elevation of the B.D. Peachy House located on Courthouse Green in Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928. The house was later relocated in the 1930s as part of the restoration of Courthouse Green to its eighteenth-century appearance.

N1742.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the Imperial Theatre on Duke of Gloucester St, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1931. Movie posters advertise "Lasca", "Susan Lenox", "Possessed," and "Personal Maid." Next door stands "The Royal Cafe". Both buildings were…

N388.jpg
View of the west elevation of the Pocahontas Tea Room, located on Boundary Street, Williamsburg, Virginia, March 13, 1931. This building was later demolished.

N371.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the west end of Courthouse Green from the south, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1931. The residences visible in the background are, left to right, the Roscow Cole House and B.D. Peachy House.

N370.jpg
General view of the east end of Courthouse Green from the south in Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1931. To the right is the Colonial Hotel, on the site of present-day Chownings Tavern. The Colonial Hotel became a Williamsburg Inn annex and was later…

N3917.jpg
View of the Braithwaite service station, site of the current Mary Stith Tin Shop, located off of Duke of Gloucester Street between Botetourt and Colonial Streets, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.
Output Formats

atom, dc-rdf, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2