Browse Items (1233 total)

D-106.jpg
John Cary House when located on Block 34, Williamsburg, Virginia, prior to its demolition, circa 1928.

D-104.jpg
African American houses once located on Block 38, Buildings 20, 21 and 25, Williamsburg, Virginia, prior to their demolition, circa 1928.

D-103.jpg
View from corner of Duke of Gloucester, Richmond, and Jamestown roads towards Brafferton Hall at the College of William and Mary, circa 1928. Sign on the shop on the far left of the photo reads "College Shop Luncheonette Student Supplies."

D-101-2.jpg
View looking down Palace Green towards Duke of Gloucester Street, Williamsburg, Virginia, 1928. Building pictured on the right are, left to right: George Wythe House, Presbyterian Church (no longer standing), and Calhoun House (no longer…

D-101-1.jpg
View looking down Palace Green towards Duke of Gloucester Street, Williamsburg, Virginia, 1928. Building pictured on the right are, left to right: George Wythe House, Presbyterian Church (no longer standing), and Calhoun House (no longer standing).…

D-100.jpg
Pre-restoration view looking west on Duke of Gloucester Street, between Francis and Boundary Streets: (l-r) the Imperial Theater, bowling alley, Candy Kitchen, Norfolk Restaurant, pool room, barber shop, and College Shop, circa 1928. The Wren…

D-99.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the intersection of Boundary Street and Richmond Road with the President's House at the College of William and Mary in the background, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

D-97.jpg
Pre-restoration view looking west on Duke of Gloucester Street towards Wetherburn's Tavern, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928. Other buildings pictured include the John Coke Office, Macon House, and Charlton House.

D-96.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the Nelson-Galt Office, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

D-95.jpg
Mahone store and outbuildings prior to their demolition when located on Block 9, Buildings 12, 16, and 32, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

D-93.jpg
Pre-restoration view of Duke of Gloucester Street looking east on Block 22 near Henry Street, Williamsburg, Virginia circa 1928. Identifiable stores in the foreground include (left side) College Pharmacy, R.T. Casey & Sons General Merchandise and…

D-92.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the Market Square area, Williamsburg, Virginia, looking west on Duke of Gloucester Street from England Street. Pictured on the left are the Peninsula Garage, Peninsula Bank and the U.S. Post Office. Beyond is the First…

D-91.jpg
Pre-restoration view of Block 13 looking northwest from the corner of Francis and South England streets. In the center is the Williamsburg Motor Company and to the left is the ruin of the Lewis House chimney, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

D-89.jpg
Pre-restoration view looking down Duke of Gloucester street towards the Market Square area, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928. Buildings pictured are, right to left: U.S. Post Office (formerly Williamsburg Methodist Church), the Peninsula Bank, the…

AVPC-084-R.jpg
The Tayloe Office. Back of card reads: "The Tayloe Office, Williamsburg, Virginia. This office with its unusual bell-shaped roof served the wealthy planter Colonel John Tayloe when he came to Williamsburg as a member of the council."

AVPC-007-R.jpg
Postcard featuring a photo of the Brush-Everard House (now known as the Thomas Everard House) during a winter snow storm. Back of card reads: The Brush-Everard House, Williamsburg, Virginia. Built by gunsmith John Brush in 1717, this modest…

AVPC-603-R.jpg
Postcard featuring a photo of Robertson's Windmill soon after its reconstruction at the rear of the Peyton Randolph House property. Back of card reads: "Robertson's Windmill, Williamsburg, Virginia. This windmill is known as a post mill because…

AVPC-093-R.jpg
Recto and verso of postcard featuring photo of the Carter-Saunders House (now known as the Robert Carter House.) Back of card reads: The Carter Saunders House, Williamsburg, Virginia. Erected early in the 18th century, this house was purchased by…

Swem-34.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the south façade of the the Grissell-Hay Lodging House (formerly the Archibald Blair House or Van Garrett Tenement,)

Swem-21.jpg
Pre-restoration view of west façade of the Thomas Everard Kitchen (formerly known as the Brush-Everard Kitchen), Williamsburg, Virginia.