Browse Items (67 total)

  • Tags: Boxwood

HLS-58.jpg
Lantern slide depicting a typical grouping of colonial outbuildings and fences situated in a garden behind an unidentified home in Colonial Williamsburg.

HLS-64.jpg
Gazebo in the Travis House garden, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1935.

HLS-56.jpg
This view looking northeast at the St. George Tucker property shows one of the Historic Area's original eighteenth-century houses, when still occupied by descendants of the original builder. Later additions and outbuildings have been removed and…

HLS-57.jpg
Hand-colored lantern slide featuring a photo of the St. George Tucker House Kitchen taken by F.S. Lincoln in 1935.

This view is looking from the boxwood garden towards the eastern end of the St. George Tucker House. St. George Tucker, a law…

D2008-COPY-1014-1061.jpg
Exterior of the St. George Tucker House, view of the formal boxwood garden and the eastern facade of the Tucker House Kitchen, 1933. The St. George Tucker House is one of the Historic Area's original eighteenth-century structures, and this view…

LC332P11.jpg
View looking from the boxwood garden towards the eastern end of the St. George Tucker House, 1935. St. George Tucker, a law professor at the College of William and Mary, purchased and moved the central portion of the house from Palace Green to…

LC332P6.jpg
Close-up view of the chimney of the St. George Tucker House, 1935. St. George Tucker, a law professor at the College of William and Mary, purchased and moved the central portion of the house from Palace Green to Market Square in 1788. He added…

LC332P10.jpg
View looking from the boxwood garden towards the eastern end of the St. George Tucker House, 1935. St. George Tucker, a law professor at the College of William and Mary, purchased and moved the central portion of the house from Palace Green to…

PSC-020.jpg
Hand-colored lantern slide featuring photo of St. George Tucker House Kitchen taken by F.S. Lincoln in 1935. It is the twentieth slide in a set produced by the Pacific Stereopticon Co. of Los Angeles, California, now defunct, to illustrate the story…

Garr-020A.jpg
Hand-colored photograph of St. George Tucker House, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1930's

PSC-019.jpg
Hand-colored lantern slide featuring photo of exterior of St. George Tucker House taken by F.S. Lincoln in 1935. It is the nineteenth slide in a set produced by the Pacific Stereopticon Co. of Los Angeles, California, now defunct, to illustrate the…

LC332P8.jpg
Distant view of the St. George Tucker House taken from Palace Green. St. George Tucker, a law professor at the College of William and Mary, purchased and moved the central portion of the house from Palace Green to Market Square in 1788. He added…

HLS-63.jpg
Tulips and boxwood hedges surround a green in an unidentified garden in Colonial Williamsburg's Historic Area.

LC355P2.jpg
View of the formal garden behind the Robert Carter House taken by F.S. Lincoln in 1935. Geometric parterres bordered with boxwood hedges are intersected by brick pathways to create an ornate and orderly vista. The necessary or privy is situated at…

Garr-017A.jpg
Hand-colored photograph of rear view of the Ballroom Wing of the Governor's Palace, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1930's

HLS-109.jpg
Overhead view of the Palace Green, looking south from the Governor's Palace, 1935. Palace Street rings the Green. Formal gardens are visible in the forecourt of the Palace, while a carriage drawn by two horses stands outside the front gate. Two male…

HLS-52.jpg
Rear elevation of the Custis Tenement, once known as the Maupin House, as it appeared from the west in 1932. Landscape architect Arthur A. Shurcliff designed the formal boxwood garden laid out in parterres between brick pathways and based it upon a…

HLS-94.jpg
View looking from the garden towards the rear of the Coke-Garrett House. Once the eighteenth-century residence of silversmith John Coke, the house later became the home of the Garrett family in the nineteenth century. The garden features a…

LC362P3.jpg
View of the exterior of the James Galt House taken from the left to show the boxwood garden adjacent to the residence. James Galt served as a keeper at the Public Hospital and constructed the house in its original location on the hospital grounds in…

LC362P4.jpg
View of the exterior of the James Galt House taken from the left to show the garden with geometric parterres adjacent to the residence. James Galt served as a keeper at the Public Hospital and constructed the house in its original location on the…
Output Formats

atom, dc-rdf, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2