Browse Items (354 total)
- Tags: Chimneys
Side elevation of Tazewell Hall, Williamsburg, Virginia. Constructed in the mid-eighteenth-century and originally serving as the home of John Randolph, the home was once located on the southern axis of the town's plan on England Street in the…
Pre-restoration view looking West on Duke of Gloucester Street, Williamsburg, Virginia from the Capitol site towards the College of William & Mary. The Palmer House is visible to the left.
Rear elevation of the Wren Building at the College of William and Mary in Williamsburg, Virginia, undergoing restoration, circa 1930.
Restoration progress view of the front elevation of the Peyton Randolph House, formerly the Randolph-Peachy House, on Nicholson Street, Williamsburg, Virginia, August 16, 1941.
Restoration progress photo of the front elevation of the Lightfoot House, previously known as the Allen-Byrd House, located on Francis Street in Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1930s.
Construction progress on Edinburgh Castle Tavern, originally known as Burdette's Ordinary, Duke of Gloucester Street, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1930s.
A pre-restoration view of the Chiswell-Bucktrout House, formerly known as the Freeman House, located on Francis Street, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928. A boy stands out front on roller skates.
Exterior elevation of Stratford Hall, located in Westmoreland County, Virginia, as pictured in Arthur A. Shurcliff's photograph album titled "Stratford Hall: Numbered Photographs of Foundations, Brickwork, etc., excavated by the Landscape Architect"…
Restored view of the north elevation of the Travis House in Williamsburg, Virginia when it was located on Duke of Gloucester Street and operated as a restaurant in the 1930s.. Later it was moved to Block 5 (current location of the parking lot…
View of the front elevation of the B.D. Peachy House located on Courthouse Green in Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928. The house was later relocated in the 1930s as part of the restoration of Courthouse Green to its eighteenth-century appearance.
Pre-restoration view of the south elevation of the Courthouse of 1770 located on Duke of Gloucester Street in Williamsburg, Virginia, March 1931. At this point in time, columns and chimneys are still in place on the Courthouse, above ground power…
Pre-restoration view of the north elevation of Market Square Tavern, formerly known as the Raleigh Hotel), Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1930. The adjacent building housing the Dana Real Estate Office was demolished as restoration work progressed.
Progress photo of the south elevation of the Tucker-Coleman House, now known as the St. George Tucker House, Nicholson Street, Williamsburg, Virginia, March, 1931.