Browse Items (68 total)

  • Tags: Columns

Swem-36.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the north façade of the Lightfoot House (formerly the Allen-Byrd House or Coke House), Williamsburg, Virginia.

HLS-69.jpg
Exterior view of the A & P Store (south side of Merchants Square), from the corner of Duke of Gloucester Street and North Henry Streets, 1935. The A&P Food Market, which was later converted into the Craft House, stands at the street corner. Next…

N580.jpg
View of the front elevation of the B.D. Peachy House located on Courthouse Green in Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928. The house was later relocated in the 1930s as part of the restoration of Courthouse Green to its eighteenth-century appearance.

H216 Print Hol-93.jpg
Pre-restoration view of Market Square looking towards Williamsburg Baptist Church and Williamsburg Hotel (also known at one time as Dr. Bell's Hospital), Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

H195 Print Hol-204+.jpg
Pre-restoration view of north and east elevations of Bassett Hall on Francis Street, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

Be123.jpg
Front elevation of Belleville, Gloucester County, Virginia

D-12.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the Benjamin Powell House, formerly known as the Lane House and as the Powell-Waller House, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1929.

H129 Print Hol-281.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the west and south elevations of the Benjamin Powell House in Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

Be139.jpg
Front elevation of Bray House, King and Queen County, Virginia.

Swem-13.jpg
Pre-restoration view of north façade of the Chiswell-Bucktrout House (formerly the Chiswell House), Williamsburg, Virginia

LC333P9.jpg
View of the Office of the Coke-Garrett House taken by F.S. Lincoln in 1935. Once the eighteenth-century residence of silversmith John Coke, the house later became the home of the Garrett family, who added the central Greek Revival style portion and…

D2008-COPY-1014-1015.jpg
Exterior of the Coke-Garrett House, view looking northwest, 1933. Once the eighteenth-century residence of silversmith John Coke, the structure later became the home of the Garrett family. The Garretts added the central Greek Revival-style portion to…

LC333P10.jpg
View of the Coke-Garrett House taken from the garden by F.S. Lincoln in 1935. The western portion served as the eighteenth-century residence of silversmith John Coke, while the central Greek Revival style portion was constructed in the early…

LC333P11.jpg
View of the Coke-Garrett House taken from the garden by F.S. Lincoln in 1935. The western portion served as the eighteenth-century residence of silversmith John Coke, while the central Greek Revival style portion was constructed in the early…

D-3.jpg
Southeast elevation of the Courthouse, circa 1928, as it appeared after restoration in 1911. When a fire gutted the interior in 1911, four columns were installed to support the exterior portico.

H007 Print Hol-87.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the Courthouse of 1770 showing the front, or south, facade with columns, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

N369.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the south elevation of the Courthouse of 1770 located on Duke of Gloucester Street in Williamsburg, Virginia, March 1931. At this point in time, columns and chimneys are still in place on the Courthouse, above ground power…

D-21.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the Dr. Barraud House, formerly known as the Ryland House, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

LC357P4.jpg
View of the front elevation of the William Finnie House taken by F.S. Lincoln in 1935. One of the eighty-eight original buildings at Colonial Williamsburg, the Finnie House is named after William Finnie. He resided in the home in the 1770s and early…
Output Formats

atom, dc-rdf, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2