Browse Items (69 total)

  • Tags: Columns

LC357P2.jpg
This view of the north front of the William Finnie House shows the property as first restored. An original structure remaining intact from the late eighteenth century, the building is admired as an early example of Federal architecture and…

LC333P9.jpg
View of the Office of the Coke-Garrett House taken by F.S. Lincoln in 1935. Once the eighteenth-century residence of silversmith John Coke, the house later became the home of the Garrett family, who added the central Greek Revival style portion and…

LC333P10.jpg
View of the Coke-Garrett House taken from the garden by F.S. Lincoln in 1935. The western portion served as the eighteenth-century residence of silversmith John Coke, while the central Greek Revival style portion was constructed in the early…

LC333P11.jpg
View of the Coke-Garrett House taken from the garden by F.S. Lincoln in 1935. The western portion served as the eighteenth-century residence of silversmith John Coke, while the central Greek Revival style portion was constructed in the early…

LC357P6.jpg
View from the Ayscough property looking across Francis Street towards the William Finnie House. The Ayscough Shop's "Forge and Wheel" sign is visible in the foreground.

One of the eighty-eight original buildings at Colonial Williamsburg, the…

LC357P5.jpg
View from Francis Street looking towards the William Finnie House. 1935. One of the eighty-eight original buildings at Colonial Williamsburg, the Finnie House is named after William Finnie. He resided in the home in the 1770s and early 1780s and held…

LC357P4.jpg
View of the front elevation of the William Finnie House taken by F.S. Lincoln in 1935. One of the eighty-eight original buildings at Colonial Williamsburg, the Finnie House is named after William Finnie. He resided in the home in the 1770s and early…

LC357P3.jpg
Two costumed hostesses stand at the gate of the William Finnie House in 1935. One of the eighty-eight original buildings at Colonial Williamsburg, the Finnie House is named after William Finnie. He resided in the home in the 1770s and early 1780s and…

LC357P1.jpg
View from Francis Street looking towards the William Finnie House. One of the eighty-eight original buildings at Colonial Williamsburg, the Finnie House is named after William Finnie. He resided in the home in the 1770s and early 1780s and held the…

D2008-COPY-1014-1015.jpg
Exterior of the Coke-Garrett House, view looking northwest, 1933. Once the eighteenth-century residence of silversmith John Coke, the structure later became the home of the Garrett family. The Garretts added the central Greek Revival-style portion to…

D2008-COPY-1014-1063.jpg
Proposed addition to the Williamsburg Inn, view from the southeast looking northwest, 1938. This proposed addition was never built. "Abby and John D. Rockefeller, Jr. were involved in every aspect of the design, construction, and furnishing of the…

AV-2000-02-11-R.jpg
Postcard featuring the front entrance of the Williamsburg Inn, Williamsburg, Virginia, published by Colonial Williamsburg, Inc. and printed by Atelier Graphique, 1955.

The caption reads: "Williamsburg Inn, Williamsburg, Virginia. This structure is…

AVPC-93-090-R.jpg
Postcard depicting the James Semple House (now known as the William Finnie House), Williamsburg, Va., published by the Albertype Co., Brooklyn, NY.

The caption reads: "James Semple House, Williamsburg, Virginia. A restored house which though built…

PSC-009.jpg
Lantern slide featuring a photo of the interior of the Wren Chapel taken by F.S. Lincoln in 1935. It is the ninth slide in a set produced by the Pacific Stereopticon Co. of Los Angeles, California, now defunct, to illustrate the story of Dr. W.A.R.…

PSC-017.jpg
Hand-colored lantern slide featuring photo of exterior elevation of William Finnie House, formerly known as Captain Orr's Dwelling, taken by F.S. Lincoln in 1935. It is the seventeenth slide in a set produced by the Pacific Stereopticon Co. of Los…

AV-2003-06-62-R.jpg
Recto and verso of postcard illustrated with a photo of the George Wythe House as viewed from Palace Green, Williamsburg, Virginia. Created by the Albertype Co. and published by the Williamsburg Drug Co., the card dates to the early 1930s. It shows…

HLS-16.jpg
Front elevation of Mt. Airy, the seat of the Tayloe family near Richmond, Virginia, as it looked in the first half of the twentieth-century.

HLS-42.jpg
Begun in 1695, the construction of the Wren Building marked the birth of an academic center in colonial Virginia. A series of fires in 1705, 1859, and 1862 damaged parts of the structure but never completely destroyed exterior walls.

When the wing…

HLS-129.jpg
Automobiles parked in the semi-circular drive in front of the Williamsburg Inn, Williamsburg, Virginia.

HLS-141.jpg
View of the east end of the Coke-Garrett House, once known as the Lottie Garrett House. The western portion served as the eighteenth-century residence of silversmith John Coke, while the central Greek Revival style portion was constructed in the…
Output Formats

atom, dc-rdf, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2