Browse Items (6 total)
- Tags: Courthouse Green
Pre-restoration view of the front elevation of the Grissell-Hay Lodging House, formerly known as the Van Garrett House, located on Nicholson Street facing the Courthouse Green in Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1930s.
View of the front elevation of the B.D. Peachy House located on Courthouse Green in Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928. The house was later relocated in the 1930s as part of the restoration of Courthouse Green to its eighteenth-century appearance.
Pre-restoration view of the west end of Courthouse Green from the south, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1931. The residences visible in the background are, left to right, the Roscow Cole House and B.D. Peachy House.
General view of the east end of Courthouse Green from the south in Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1931. To the right is the Colonial Hotel, on the site of present-day Chownings Tavern. The Colonial Hotel became a Williamsburg Inn annex and was later…
View of the southeast elevation of the Peachy property, formerly the known as the Blacknell House, being torn down, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1930s. This property once faced the Courthouse Green.
Pre-restoraton view from Market Square looking north across Courthouse Green, left to right: St. George Tucker House, Grissell Hay Lodging House, and Peyton Randolph House, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.