Browse Items (10 total)

  • Tags: Desks

AV-2015-02-23-R.jpg
Recto and verso of official Colonial Williamsburg postcard illustrated with a photo of the library of the Peyton Randolph House.

The caption reads: "The library-office in the home of Peyton Randolph, one of the leading statesmen of colonial…

AVPC-49a-R.jpg
Recto and verso of postcard illustrated with a color photo of two costumed interpreters conversing in the Chamber over the Dining Room of the Governor's Palace. This official Colonial Williamsburg postcard produced by H.S. Crocker Co., Inc. is an…

PSC-027.jpg
Lantern slide featuring photo taken by F.S. Lincoln of the west end of the Great Room, Market Square Tavern, in 1935. It is the twenty-seventh slide in a set produced by the Pacific Stereopticon Co. of Los Angeles, California, now defunct, to…

LC373P3.jpg
Interior view of the Public Gaol Keeper's Quarters, 1935. Opened as an exhibition building in April 1936,  the Public Gaol is one of the surviving  original buildings restored to its eighteenth-century appearance.  This room served as a place for the…

LC327P58.jpg
Interior of the Upper Middle Room in the Governor's Palace, 1935. Among other furnishings, a beautiful desk (accession # 1930-210), made of mahogany, white pine, and ash, stands against the wall to the left.The room's former hand-tooled leather wall…

LC327P54.jpg
Interior of the Governor's Office in the Governor's Palace, 1935. Interior furnishings and decor reflect curators' views in the 1930s as to how Williamsburg's historic interiors may have looked in the eighteenth century. Nevertheless, with new…

LC328P3.jpg
View of the west end of the Great Room of the Market Square Tavern taken by F.S. Lincoln in 1935. The original tavern structure burned down in 1859 but the remains of the original foundations allowed for the restoration of the building to its…

LC328P2.jpg
View of the west end of the Great Room of the Market Square Tavern taken by F.S. Lincoln in 1935. The original tavern structure burned down in 1859 but the remains of the original foundations allowed for the restoration of the building to its…

LC325P2.jpg
Interior of the Conference Room, Capitol building, 1935. The Conference Room, located in the east wing on the second floor of the Capitol, served as a joint committee room for members of the House of Burgesses and the Governor's Council. Acting as…

LC325P1.jpg
Interior view of the Clerk's Office in the House of Burgesses, Capitol Building, 1935.  Charles Willson Peale's portrait of Washington (accession # 1933-502, A&B) is featured prominently on the wall. In 1928, it was acquired by John D.…
Output Formats

atom, dc-rdf, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2