Browse Items (28 total)

  • Tags: Flemish Bond

N1306.jpg
View of the front and side elevations of the Prentis Store when it housed the "Apothecary Antique Shoppe," Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1931.

N235.jpg
Progress photo of the south elevation of the Ludwell-Paradise House under restoration in Williamsburg, Virginia, January 2, 1931.

H225 Print Hol-105.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the south facade of the Ludwell-Paradise House, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

H223 Print Hol-100.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the Ludwell-Paradise House from the intersection of Duke of Gloucester Street and Queen Street, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

D-24.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the Ludwell-Paradise House, looking northeast, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

Swem-03.jpg
The Rolfe House, also known as Smith's Fort Plantation, in Surry County, Virginia.

Swem-01.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the Ludwell-Paradise House on Duke of Gloucester Street, Williamsburg, Virginia.

HLS-54.jpg
View of the front elevation of the Ludwell-Paradise House as featured on a lantern slide produced by A.D. Handy Co. One of the eighty-eight original eighteenth-century buildings at Colonial Williamsburg, the house played an important role in the…

AV-2000-02-29-R.jpg
Recto of postcard illustrated with a photo of the Powder Magazine covered in a thick coat of ivy. Part of a series of photos taken by The Albertype Co. of Brooklyn, New York, and published by the Williamsburg Drug Co., the card dates to the era when…

AVPC-424-R.jpg
Recto and verso of postcard featuring an illustration of the Powder Magazine and Guardhouse drawn by Charles H. Overly.

The caption reads: "In colonial times, the Magazine housed arms for the defense of Virginia. This building and the…

AV-2003-06-65-R.jpg
Recto and verso of postcard featuring an illustration of the Powder Magazine in 1910, soon after its restoration and opening as a small museum under the auspices of the Association for the Preservation of Virginia Antiquities.

The octagonal Powder…

AVPC-566-R.jpg
Recto and verso of postcard featuring a hand-colored photo of the Powder Magazine soon after its initial restoration by the Association for the Preservation of Virginia Antiquities.

The octagonal Powder Magazine is an original eighteenth-century…

AV-2003-06-66-R.jpg
Recto and verso of a postcard featuring a view of the Powder Magazine soon after its initial restoration by the APVA. Published by Louis Kaufmann & Sons, the card offers a perspective looking south towards Francis Street..

The octagonal Powder…

AVPC-386-R.jpg
Recto of a late nineteenth-century postcard featuring a hand-colored photo of the Powder Magazine soon after its initial restoration by the Association for the Preservation of Virginia Antiquities.

The octagonal Powder Magazine is an original…

PSC-014.jpg
Hand-colored lantern slide featuring a photo of the entrance of the Ludwell-Paradise House taken by F.S. Lincoln in 1935. It is the fourteenth slide in a set produced by the Pacific Stereopticon Co. of Los Angeles, California, now defunct, to…

PSC-007.jpg
Lantern slide featuring a close-up photo of the brickwork on the James City County Courthouse. It is the seventh slide in a set produced by the Pacific Stereopticon Co. of Los Angeles, California, now defunct, to illustrate the story of Dr. W.A.R.…

LC366P1.jpg
Exterior of the new James City County Courthouse, side view of arched brick colonnade and second story, 1935. The brick headers and stretchers of the walls are arranged in a Flemish bond pattern.

LC366P2.jpg
Exterior of the new James City County Courthouse, view of arched brick colonnade, 1935. The brick headers and stretchers of the walls are arranged in a Flemish bond pattern.
Output Formats

atom, dc-rdf, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2