Browse Items (60 total)

  • Tags: Francis Street

D-6.jpg
Pre-restoration view of Francis Street, Williamsburg, Virginia, including Bootsie Smith house, Fred Epps house, and Mount Ararat Baptist Church, circa 1928.

D-42.jpg
Pre-restoration view of northwest elevation of the Moody House, formerly known as the C.S. Lee House and Roper-Lee House, Francis Street, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1929.

D-84.jpg
Pre-restoration view along Francis Street of the William Finnie House, also known as the James Semple House, and the Timberlake House, now demolished, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

D-91.jpg
Pre-restoration view of Block 13 looking northwest from the corner of Francis and South England streets. In the center is the Williamsburg Motor Company and to the left is the ruin of the Lewis House chimney, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

D-100.jpg
Pre-restoration view looking west on Duke of Gloucester Street, between Francis and Boundary Streets: (l-r) the Imperial Theater, bowling alley, Candy Kitchen, Norfolk Restaurant, pool room, barber shop, and College Shop, circa 1928. The Wren…

D-111.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the Orrell House, also known as the McCandlish House, located on Francis Street in Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

D-112.jpg
Pre-restoration view of rear elevation of the Orrell House, formerly known as the McCandlish House, Francis Street, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

D-113.jpg
Pre-restoration view of front and side elevations of the Orrell House, formerly known as the McCandlish House, Francis Street, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

D-114.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the Orrell House, formerly known as the McCandlish House, Francis Street, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

D-45B.jpg
Bracken Tenement, formerly known as the Montague House, at corner of Francis and S. Queen Streets, looking west, circa 1928.

H267 Print Hol-151.jpg
View looking north from Francis Street towards Eastern State Hospital, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

H268 Print Hol-152.jpg
Pre-restoration view of Williamsburg, Virginia looking northeast toward Bruton Parish Church from Eastern State Hospital area, circa 1928.

H265 Print Hol-150.jpg
Pre-restoration view of northwest corner of Francis and Nassau streets, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

H269 Print Hol-156.jpg
Pre-restoration view looking east along Francis Street from Nassau Street, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

H259 Print Hol-145.jpg
Pre-restoration view of Frank Clark House and Brooks House on west Francis Street, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928, prior to their demolition.

H260 Print Hol-146.jpg
Pre-restoration view looking northeast on Francis Street towards the Overton-Allard House prior to its demolition, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

H262 Print Hol-147.jpg
Pre-restoration view of Henry Street looking north from its intersection with Francis Street, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928. A corner of the Travis House is visible on the far right.

H261 Print Hol-144.jpg
View looking northwest towards the Thelma Brown House, once located on Block 15 along Francis Street, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

H280 Print Hol-169.jpg
Pre-restoration view looking northwest along Francis Street toward the Market Square area, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928. The roof of the Powder Magazine and rear of the Baptist Church are visible,

H299 Print Hol-186.jpg
Pre-restoration view of Mount Ararat Baptist Church in its former location on Francis Street, Williamsburg, Virginia, ca.1930s.
Output Formats

atom, dc-rdf, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2