Browse Items (98 total)

  • Tags: Gates

HLS-27.jpg
Wrought iron gate with ball and chain weight on Windsor Castle grounds,

HLS-17.jpg
Exterior elevation of Westover Plantation, Charles City County, Virginia, as viewed from the James River.

AVPC-070-R.jpg
Recto and verso of official Colonial Williamsburg postcard illustrated with a photo of the George Wythe House as viewed from Palace Green, circa late 1930s.

The caption reads: "Erected in 1755, this house was willed to George Wythe in 1775. Wythe…

AV-2000-10-05-R.jpg
Exterior of the Coke-Garrett House, view looking northwest. Once the eighteenth-century residence of silversmith John Coke, the structure later became the home of the Garrett family. The Garretts added the central Greek Revival-style portion to the…

AVPC-424-R.jpg
Recto and verso of postcard featuring an illustration of the Powder Magazine and Guardhouse drawn by Charles H. Overly.

The caption reads: "In colonial times, the Magazine housed arms for the defense of Virginia. This building and the…

AVPC-004-R.jpg
Recto and verso of official Colonial Williamsburg postcard featuring an illustration of Bruton Parish Church created by Charles H. Overly. The artist worked on a contract basis for Colonial Williamsburg's Products Division and also produced a series…

AV-2003-06-16-R.jpg
Recto and verso of postcard illustrated with a view of the northwest exterior elevation of Bruton Parish Church. The card pre-dates the 1939 restoration of the church which led to the removal of such features as the exterior window shutters and…

AV-2003-06-24-R.jpg
Recto and verso of postcard illustrated with a view of the northeast exterior elevation of Bruton Parish Church. Part of a series produced by the Albertype Co. of Brooklyn, New York, for Colonial Williamsburg, the card is an example of early efforts…

PSC-040.jpg
Hand-colored lantern slide featuring photo of Palace Green taken by F.S. Lincoln from a second floor window in the Governor's Palace in 1935. It is the fortieth slide in a set produced by the Pacific Stereopticon Co. of Los Angeles, California, now…

PSC-039.jpg
Hand-colored lantern slide featuring a photo of the northeast elevation of the Governor's Palace taken by F.S. Lincoln in 1935. It is the thirty-ninth slide in a set produced by the Pacific Stereopticon Co. of Los Angeles, California, now defunct, to…

PSC-034.jpg
Hand-colored lantern slide featuring photo of the entrance gate leading into the Capitol complex taken by F.S. Lincoln in 1935. It is the thirty-fourth slide in a set produced by the Pacific Stereopticon Co. of Los Angeles, California, now defunct,…

PSC-023.jpg
Hand-colored lantern slide featuring photo of Coke-Garrett House garden gate taken by F.S. Lincoln in 1935. It is the twenty-third slide in a set produced by the Pacific Stereopticon Co. of Los Angeles, California, now defunct, to illustrate the…

PSC-019.jpg
Hand-colored lantern slide featuring photo of exterior of St. George Tucker House taken by F.S. Lincoln in 1935. It is the nineteenth slide in a set produced by the Pacific Stereopticon Co. of Los Angeles, California, now defunct, to illustrate the…

PSC-017.jpg
Hand-colored lantern slide featuring photo of exterior elevation of William Finnie House, formerly known as Captain Orr's Dwelling, taken by F.S. Lincoln in 1935. It is the seventeenth slide in a set produced by the Pacific Stereopticon Co. of Los…

PSC-012.jpg
Lantern slide featuring a photo of the exterior of Ayscough Shop taken by F.S. Lincoln. It is the twelfth slide in a set produced by the Pacific Stereopticon Co. of Los Angeles, California, now defunct, to illustrate the story of Dr. W.A.R. Goodwin's…

AV-2002-09-05-R.jpg
Recto and verso of Colonial Williamsburg postcard published by The Albertype Co. in the 1930s. It features a horse-drawn carriage positioned in front of the entrance gate of the Governor's Palace. The east Advance Building is visible in the…

AV-2002-09-03-R.jpg
Recto and verso of postcard depicting the Capitol, Williamsburg, Virginia, published by Colonial Williamsburg, Inc. and printed by The Albertype Co., Brooklyn, NY.

D2008-COPY-1014-1067.jpg
Exterior view of the entrance to the Great Hall of the Wren Building at the College of William and Mary, 1933. Professors and students gathered in the Great Hall at long tables and benches to dine and converse during the colonial era. The room also…

D2008-COPY-1014-1065.jpg
Exterior view of the west elevation of the Wren Building at the College of William and Mary, 1933. Begun in 1695, the construction of the Wren Building marked the birth of an academic center in colonial Virginia. One of the oldest academic structures…

D2008-COPY-1014-1059.jpg
Exterior of the St. George Tucker House, viewed from behind the fence of the Roscow-Cole Stable yard across Nicholson Street, 1933. This view of the St. George Tucker property shows the front elevation of one of the Historic Area's original…
Output Formats

atom, dc-rdf, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2