Browse Items (7 total)

  • Tags: Monuments

H011 Print Hol-80.jpg
Pre-restoration view showing south end of Palace Green at intersection with Duke of Gloucester Street with the Confederate Monument still in place, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

D-65-2.jpg
APVA monument on the site of the colonial Capitol of Williamsburg, Virginia, looking west down Duke of Gloucester Street, circa 1928. The Palmer House is visible to the left and the Cary Peyton Armistead House on the right.

D-65-1.jpg
APVA monument on the site of the colonial Capitol site, Williamsburg, Virginia, looking west down Duke of Gloucester Street, circa 1928. The Palmer House is visible to the left and the Cary Peyton Armistead House to the right.

Swem-55.jpg
Commemorative stone obelisk at site of Governor's Palace prior to its reconstruction, Williamsburg, Virginia.

Swem-54.jpg
Confederate Monument in its original location on Palace Green, Williamsburg, Virginia. Williamsburg High School is visible directly behind it on the site of the Governor's Palace.

HLS-96.jpg
The Association for the Preservation of Virginia Antiquities (APVA) acquired the site of Williamsburg’s colonial Capitol building in 1897 as a donation from the Old Dominion Land Company. They removed remnants of the Williamsburg Female Academy which…

Site of Old Capitol, Williamsburg, Va.
Recto and verso of postcard depicting the monument placed at the site of where the colonial Capitol building stood in Williamsburg, Virginia.

The Association for the Preservation of Virginia Antiquities (APVA) acquired the site of Williamsburg’s…
Output Formats

atom, dc-rdf, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2