Browse Items (37 total)

  • Tags: Porticoes

Bar-056w.jpg
Detail of portion of portico and cornice of Bassett Hall, Williamsburg, Virginia during a fire that damaged a portion of the structure in 1930.

Bar-052w.jpg
A man surveys the north portico of Bassett Hall, Williamsburg, Virginia after the structure was damaged by fire in 1930.

Bar-050w.jpg
View looking southeast towards Bassett Hall, Williamsburg, Virginia, after a fire damaged a portion of the structure in 1930.

Bar-043w.jpg
View looking southeast towards Bassett Hall, Williamsburg, Virginia, after fire damaged a portion of the structure in 1930.

Bar-042w.jpg
View looking southeast towards Bassett Hall, Williamsburg,Virginia, after fire damaged the structure in 1930.

Cole-094.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the front elevation of the Robert Carter House viewed from across Palace Green in Williamsburg, Virginia.

Be216.jpg
Rear entrance and porch of Kinloch, near Loretto, Essex County, Virginia

Be243.jpg
Side elevation of Warner Hall, Gloucester County, Virginia

Be59.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the front elevation of the Courthouse of 1770 with a columned entrance portico, Williamsburg, Virginia,

Be113.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the east elevation of the columned portico of the Robert Carter House, formerly known as the Carter-Saunders House and the Saunders-Dinwiddie House, Williamsburg, Virginia.

N121.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the east elevation of the columned portico of the Robert Carter House, formerly known as the Carter-Saunders House and the Saunders-Dinwiddie House, Williamsburg, Virginia, winter 1931.

D-51.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the Robert Carter House, formerly known as the Saunders-Dinwiddie House, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1929.

D-23B.jpg
Front and side elevation of Tazewell Hall, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928, prior to its dismantling and move to Newport News, Virginia, in 1954.

D-4.jpg
Pre-restoration view of William Finnie House (formerly the James Semple House), Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

D-3.jpg
Southeast elevation of the Courthouse, circa 1928, as it appeared after restoration in 1911. When a fire gutted the interior in 1911, four columns were installed to support the exterior portico.

HLS-80.jpg
View of the front elevation of the William Finnie House (formerly known as the James Semple House) taken by F.S. Lincoln in 1935. One of the eighty-eight original buildings at Colonial Williamsburg, the Finnie House is named after William Finnie. He…

HLS-40.jpg
Exterior view of the Wren Building at the College of William and Mary. Begun in 1695, the construction of the Wren Building marked the birth of an academic center in colonial Virginia. One of the oldest academic structures in the United States, the…
Output Formats

atom, dc-rdf, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2