Browse Items (96 total)

  • Tags: Postcards

AV-2001-09-01 R.jpg
Postcard featuring the North elevation of Bassett Hall published by The Williamsburg Drug Co. in association with The Albertype Co., Brooklyn, NY.

The caption reads: "Bassett Hall, Williamsburg, Va. Built about 1765. Residence of the Hon. Burwell…

AV-2000-02-15-R.jpg
Postcard featuring the Custis Kitchen created by C.T. American Art Blue-Sky and published by H.D. Cole, Williamsburg, Va.

The caption reads: "Williamsburg, Va. Mrs. Washington's kitchen. All that is left of her once imposing property, which was in…

AV-1999-24-02-R.jpg
Postcard featuring the entrance gate to Eastern State Hospital published by the Albertype Company, Brooklyn, NY, ca. 1930s.

The caption reads: "Entrance to Eastern State Hospital for the Insane, Erected 1768, Williamsburg, Va."

AVPC-648-R.jpg
Postcard featuring the entrance and grounds of Eastern State Hospital, Williamsburg, Va., published by The Hugh C. Leighton Co., Portland, ME, postmarked 1911.

AV-2003-06-49-R.jpg
Postcard featuring the Courthouse and the site of the Capitol, Williamsburg, Va., authorized by an Act of Congress, May 19, 1898.

The captions read: "Foundation of Old House of Burgesses, Williamsburg" and "Old Court House, 1769, Williamsburg."

AV-2003-06-35 R.jpg
Postcard depicting waitresses posing in front of the Capitol Restaurant on Merchants Square, Williamsburg, Va., ca. late 1940s, published by National Press Company, Chicago.

AVPC-93-090-R.jpg
Postcard depicting the James Semple House (now known as the William Finnie House), Williamsburg, Va., published by the Albertype Co., Brooklyn, NY.

The caption reads: "James Semple House, Williamsburg, Virginia. A restored house which though built…

AV-2000--02-88-R.tif
Postcard depicting a horse-drawn carriage passing by the reconstructed Capitol at Colonial Williamsburg, produced by The Albertype Company, Brooklyn, NY, and published by John A. Luttrell, Williamsburg, VA, ca. 1930s.

The caption reads: "The…

AV-1997-11-04-R.jpg
Postcard depicting wooden Masonic Hall that stood on the site of today's current brick Masonic Lodge on Francis Street, Williamsburg, Virginia. The card was produced by C.T. American Art Blue-Sky and published by H.D. Cole, ca.1905-1910.

The…

AV-2000-02-24-R.jpg
Postcard depicting the interior of King's Arms Tavern, Williamsburg, Virginia, published by Colonial Williamsburg, Inc., ca. 1950s.

The caption reads: "King's Arms Tavern, Williamsburg, Virginia. Meals served in the seven dining rooms of the…

AV-2000-02-26-R.jpg
Postcard featuring a view of the interior of the King's Arms Barber Shop with the wigmaker at work, published by H.S. Crocker Co., Inc. for Colonial Williamsburg, ca. 1950s.

Caption reads: "The Williamsburg barber or wigmaker usually performed at…

AV-2000-02-27-R.jpg
Postcard featuring a costumed interpreter smoking a pipe outside the Prentis Store when it housed the Barber and Peruke Maker's Shop, published by Colonial Williamsburg, Inc., ca. 1947.

Caption reads: "Originally an apothecary shop in the early…

AV-2002-09-03-R.jpg
Recto and verso of postcard depicting the Capitol, Williamsburg, Virginia, published by Colonial Williamsburg, Inc. and printed by The Albertype Co., Brooklyn, NY.

Site of Old Capitol, Williamsburg, Va.
Recto and verso of postcard depicting the monument placed at the site of where the colonial Capitol building stood in Williamsburg, Virginia.

The Association for the Preservation of Virginia Antiquities (APVA) acquired the site of Williamsburg’s…

AV-2001-09-05-R.jpg
Recto and verso of postcard featuring a bedroom at the Richard Bland Tavern published by The Collotype Co.

Early visitors to Colonial Williamsburg could dine, lodge, and purchase souvenirs and antiques at the Richard Bland Tavern. This postcard …

AV-2001-09-04-R.jpg
Recto and verso of postcard featuring a drawing of the exterior of the Richard Bland Tavern publlished by The Collotype Co.

Early visitors to Colonial Williamsburg could dine, lodge, and purchase souvenirs and antiques at the Richard Bland Tavern.…

AV-2001-09-03-R.jpg
Recto and verso of a postcard depicting a sideboard in the Dining Room of the Richard Bland Tavern published by The Collotype Co. A wall hanging with a blessing written by Robert Burns served as a distinctive feature of the room.

Early visitors…

AV-2001-09-07-R.jpg
Recto and verso of postcard featuring the Model School once located on the site of the Governor's Palace, Williamsburg, Va., published by J.H. Stone, ca.1920s.

AV-2003-06-57-R.jpg
Recto and verso of postcard published by Louis Kaufmann & Sons in the early 1920s. It features the Confederate Memorial once located at the southern end of Palace Green in Williamsburg, Virginia. In the background is the George Wythe House, which…

AV-1999-29-01-R.jpg
Recto and verso of postcard published by Louis Kaufmann & Sons in the early 1920s. It features the Confederate Monument that once stood at the southern end of Palace Green. In the background is Williamsburg High School. It was located approximately…
Output Formats

atom, dc-rdf, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2