Governor's Palace (Williamsburg, Va.)
Block 20. Building 03A.
The vista south along Palace Green is a feature mentioned by Thomas Jefferson who noted that native American catalpa trees were planted along the sides. The open space continues south of Duke of Gloucester Street on what Benjamin Bucktrout's map of 1800 labels as King Street.
This material is protected by copyright law (Title 17, U.S. Code). For reproduction queries: Rights and reproductions
Is Part Of
F.S. Lincoln Photography Collection
Special Collections, John D. Rockefeller, Jr. Library, The Colonial Williamsburg Foundation
Still Image Item Type Metadata
Gelatin or collodian printing out paper with platinum toning, mounted on board.
Lincoln, F.S., “Palace Green,” John D. Rockefeller Jr. Library, Colonial Williamsburg Foundation, accessed February 26, 2024, https://rocklib.omeka.net/items/show/100.