Levingston Kitchen, Williamsburg, Virginia

Title

Levingston Kitchen, Williamsburg, Virginia

Subject

Levingston Kitchen (Williamsburg, Va.)
Block 29. Building 2E.
Outbuildings - Virginia - Williamsburg
Lantern Slides - Hand colored - 1930-1940

Description

View of the Levingston Kitchen from across Palace Street. Located on the East side of Palace Green, the kitchen is the only structure that remains from a housing complex constructed by William Levingston in the early eighteenth-century. Levingston is best known for opening the first theater in Williamsburg adjacent to the site of the kitchen.

Creator

A.D. Handy Co.

Date

Circa 1930s

Is Part Of

Peter Hornbeck Lantern Slide Collection, AV-2000.9 , Box 1

Format

jpeg

Type

Image

Identifier

HLS-46

Rights Holder

Special Collections, John D. Rockefeller Jr. Library, The Colonial Williamsburg Foundation

Original Format

Lantern slide

Physical Dimensions

3.25 x 4 inches

Files

HLS-46.jpg

Citation

A.D. Handy Co., “Levingston Kitchen, Williamsburg, Virginia,” John D. Rockefeller Jr. Library, Colonial Williamsburg Foundation, accessed November 19, 2018, https://rocklib.omeka.net/items/show/1079.