Lottie Garrett House, Williamsburg, Virginia

Title

Lottie Garrett House, Williamsburg, Virginia

Subject

Coke-Garrett House (Williamsburg, Va.)
Lantern slides- Hand-colored - 1930-1940
Block 27. Building 01.
Architecture, Domestic - Virginia - Williamsburg
Historic buildings - Virginia - Williamsburg

Description

View of the east end of the Coke-Garrett House, once known as the Lottie Garrett House. The western portion served as the eighteenth-century residence of silversmith John Coke, while the central Greek Revival style portion was constructed in the early nineteenth century by the Garrett family. The office on the eastern end, shown in the foreground, became a makeshift hospital for wounded soldiers after the Battle of Williamsburg.

Creator

A.D. Handy Co.

Date

Circa 1930s

Is Part Of

Peter Hornbeck Lantern Slide Collection, AV-2000.9, Box 3

Format

jpeg

Extent

1 item

Type

Image

Identifier

HLS-141

Rights Holder

Special Collections, John D. Rockefeller Jr. Library, The Colonial Williamsburg Foundation

Original Format

Lantern slide

Physical Dimensions

3.25 x 4 inches

Files

HLS-141.jpg

Citation

A.D. Handy Co., “Lottie Garrett House, Williamsburg, Virginia,” John D. Rockefeller Jr. Library, Colonial Williamsburg Foundation, accessed June 26, 2019, https://rocklib.omeka.net/items/show/1083.