William Lightfoot House (Williamsburg, Va.)
Block 11. Building 14.
Historic buildings - Virginia - Williamsburg
Architecture, Domestic - Virginia - Williamsburg
Lantern Slides - Hand colored - 1930-1940
Pre-restoration view of the William Lightfoot House, once known as the Nightingale House, 1929. Yorktown merchant William Lightfoot constructed the dwelling to serve as a town home during visits to Williamsburg to participate in the Governor's Council. Later occupants enlarged the house to include an east wing and front porch, both of which were removed during the building's restoration in 1931.
Is Part Of
Peter Hornbeck Lantern Slide Collection, AV-2000.9, Box 1
Special Collections, John D. Rockefeller, Jr. Library, The Colonial Williamsburg Foundation
3.25 x 4 inches
“Nightingale House,” John D. Rockefeller Jr. Library, Colonial Williamsburg Foundation, accessed June 26, 2019, https://rocklib.omeka.net/items/show/1111.