Margaret Hunter Shop (Williamsburg, Va.)
Block 17. Building 09.
Kinnamon Store (Williamsburg, Va.)
Service stations - Virginia - Williamsburg
Lantern Slides - Hand-colored - 1930-1940
Pre-restoration view of the Margaret Hunter Shop when operated as a service station known as Kinnamon's Store. During the nineteenth-century, the colonial gable end store transformed into a two story structure when a second floor enlargement was built. Additional renovations converted it into a automotive service station in the 1920s. Careful archaeological and architectural investigations led to the shop's restoration in 1930 and further modifications brought it back to its full eighteenth-century appearance in 1951.
Is Part Of
Peter Hornbeck Lantern Slides Collection, AV-2000.9, Box 1
Special Collections, John D. Rockefeller, Jr. Library, The Colonial Williamsburg Foundation
Still Image Item Type Metadata
3.25 x 4 inches
“Kinnamon Store,” John D. Rockefeller Jr. Library, Colonial Williamsburg Foundation, accessed January 20, 2022, https://rocklib.omeka.net/items/show/1116.