Tucker-Coleman House, Williamsburg, Virginia

Dublin Core

Title

Tucker-Coleman House, Williamsburg, Virginia

Subject

St. George Tucker House (Williamsburg, Va.)
Block 29. Building 02.
Architecture, Domestic - Virginia - Williamsburg
Architecture, Colonial - Virginia - Williamsburg
Lantern slides - Hand-colored - 1930-1940

Description

Pre-restoration view of the front elevation of the St. George Tucker property, one of the Historic Area's original eighteenth-century houses, when still occupied by descendants of the original builder. St. George Tucker, a law professor at the College of William & Mary, purchased and moved the central portion of the house from Palace Green to Market Square in 1788. He added wings to enlarge the size.

Is Part Of

Peter Hornbeck Lantern Slides Collection, AV-2000.9, Box 1

Format

jpeg

Type

Image

Identifier

HLS-55

Rights Holder

Special Collections, John D. Rockefeller, Jr. Library, The Colonial Williamsburg Foundation

Still Image Item Type Metadata

Original Format

Lantern Slide

Physical Dimensions

3.25 x 4 inches

Citation

“Tucker-Coleman House, Williamsburg, Virginia,” John D. Rockefeller Jr. Library, Colonial Williamsburg Foundation, accessed May 25, 2022, https://rocklib.omeka.net/items/show/1117.