St. George Tucker House, Williamsburg, Virginia

Title

St. George Tucker House, Williamsburg, Virginia

Subject

St. George Tucker House (Williamsburg, Va.)
Block 29. Building 02.
Lantern slides - Hand-colored - 1930-1940
Architecture, Domestic - Virginia - Williamsburg
Architecture, Colonial - Virginia - Williamsburg

Description

This view looking northeast at the St. George Tucker property shows one of the Historic Area's original eighteenth-century houses, when still occupied by descendants of the original builder. Later additions and outbuildings have been removed and modifications made. A 1798 paint agreement specifies the color scheme used on the house. This building serves today as a donor hospitality center.

Creator

Lincoln, F.S.

Date

1935

Is Part Of

Peter Hornbeck Lantern Slides Collection, AV-2000.9, Box 2

Format

jpeg

Type

Image

Identifier

HLS-56

Rights Holder

Special Collections, John D. Rockefeller, Jr. Library, The Colonial Williamsburg Foundation

Original Format

Lantern Slide

Physical Dimensions

3.25 x 4 inches

Files

HLS-56.jpg

Citation

Lincoln, F.S., “St. George Tucker House, Williamsburg, Virginia,” John D. Rockefeller Jr. Library, Colonial Williamsburg Foundation, accessed November 19, 2018, https://rocklib.omeka.net/items/show/1118.