Historic buildings - Virginia - Williamsburg
Lost architecture - Virginia - Williamsburg
Streets - Virginia - Williamsburg
Business enterprises - Virginia - Williamsburg
Pre-restoration view looking northeast across Duke of Gloucester Street towards the Debress property, site of the Virginia Gazette office, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928. The lighter colored building is the Gary Store and the building at the far end of the block is the Harris Property which is the location of the James City Furniture Co. All of these buildings were demolished during the restoration. The Davidson Shop and the Williams Waters House are now located on the site at the far end of the block, the George Pitt house is on the DeBress property and the Printing Office and Hunter's Store are in the middle of the block.
Is Part Of
Clyde Holmes Photograph Collection, AV2009.25, Box 1, Folder 2, Sheet 28
H231, Print Hol-108
Special Collections, John D. Rockefeller, Jr. Library, The Colonial Williamsburg Foundation
Still Image Item Type Metadata
Gelatin silver print
5 x 7 inches
Holmes, Clyde, “Debress Property,” John D. Rockefeller Jr. Library, Colonial Williamsburg Foundation, accessed May 23, 2022, https://rocklib.omeka.net/items/show/1741.