Cole Shop

Dublin Core

Title

Cole Shop

Subject

Block 13-1. Building 31.
Cole Shop (Williamsburg, Va.)
Stores, Retail - Virginia - Williamsburg
Lost architecture - Virginia - Williamsburg

Description

View of the north elevation of the Cole shop, later named the Maupin Shop, after it was restored and when it was located on Duke of Gloucester Street in Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1931. The attached building to the left is the W. D. Clarke Electric Shoe Repair Shop and was later demolished. The Cole Shop was moved from its location in 1958 to Second Street and subsequently sold.

Creator

Nivison, Frank

Date

Circa 1931

Date Created

Circa 1931

Is Part Of

Frank Nivison Photograph Collection

Format

jpeg

Type

Image

Identifier

N384

Rights Holder

Special Collections, John D. Rockefeller, Jr. Library, The Colonial Williamsburg Foundation

Still Image Item Type Metadata

Original Format

Gelatin silver print

Physical Dimensions

8 x 10 inches

Citation

Nivison, Frank, “Cole Shop,” John D. Rockefeller Jr. Library, Colonial Williamsburg Foundation, accessed September 27, 2022, https://rocklib.omeka.net/items/show/1854.