Courthouse Green and Colonial Hotel

Dublin Core

Title

Courthouse Green and Colonial Hotel

Subject

Historic buildings - Virginia - Williamsburg
Colonial Hotel (Williamsburg, Va.)
Hotels - Virginia - Williamsburg
Lost architecture - Virginia - Williamsburg
Nicholson School (Williamsburg, Va.)

Description

General view of the east end of Courthouse Green from the south in Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1931. To the right is the Colonial Hotel, on the site of present-day Chownings Tavern. The Colonial Hotel became a Williamsburg Inn annex and was later demolished. In the background, Nicholson School, also known as Public School No.1, is visible.

Creator

Nivison, Frank

Date

Circa 1931

Date Created

Circa 1931

Is Part Of

Frank Nivison Photograph Collection

Format

jpeg

Type

Image

Identifier

N370

Rights Holder

Special Collections, John D. Rockefeller, Jr. Library, The Colonial Williamsburg Foundation

Still Image Item Type Metadata

Original Format

Gelatin silver print

Physical Dimensions

8 x 10 inches

Citation

Nivison, Frank, “Courthouse Green and Colonial Hotel,” John D. Rockefeller Jr. Library, Colonial Williamsburg Foundation, accessed August 18, 2022, https://rocklib.omeka.net/items/show/1859.