St. George Tucker House, North Elevation

Title

St. George Tucker House, North Elevation

Subject

St. George Tucker House (Williamsburg, Va.)
Block 29. Building 2.
Historic buildings - Virginia - Williamsburg

Description

Oblique view looking through the front gate towards the north elevation of the St. George Tucker House, taken by F.S. Lincoln in 1935. St. George Tucker, a law professor at the College of William & Mary, purchased and moved the central portion of the house from Palace Green to Market Square in 1788. He added wings to enlarge the size. At the time this photo was taken, Tucker family descendants still lived in the home, as they were granted life tenancy after its restoration.

Creator

Lincoln, F.S.

Date

1935

Date Created

1935

Rights

This material is protected by copyright law (Title 17, U.S. Code). For reproduction queries: Rights and reproductions

Format

jpeg

Type

Image

Identifier

LC332P4

Rights Holder

Special Collections, John D. Rockefeller, Jr. Library, The Colonial Williamsburg Foundation

Original Format

Gelatin or collodian printing out paper with platinum toning, mounted on board.

Physical Dimensions

8x10 inches

Files

LC332P4.jpg

Citation

Lincoln, F.S., “St. George Tucker House, North Elevation,” John D. Rockefeller Jr. Library, Colonial Williamsburg Foundation, accessed December 14, 2018, https://rocklib.omeka.net/items/show/253.