St. George Tucker House

Dublin Core

Title

St. George Tucker House

Subject

St. George Tucker House (Williamsburg, Va.)
Block 29. Building 2.
Historic buildings - Virginia - Williamsburg
Architecture, Domestic - Virginia - Williamsburg
Architecture, Colonial - Virginia - Williamsburg

Description

Distant view of the St. George Tucker House taken from Palace Green. St. George Tucker, a law professor at the College of William and Mary, purchased and moved the central portion of the house from Palace Green to Market Square in 1788. He added wings to enlarge the size.

Restoration work on this original eighteenth-century structure occurred between 1930 and 1931. At the time this photo was taken by F.S. Lincoln in 1935, Tucker family descendants still lived in the home, as they were granted life tenancy.

Creator

Lincoln, F.S.

Date

1935

Date Created

1935

Rights

This material is protected by copyright law (Title 17, U.S. Code). For reproduction queries: Rights and reproductions

Format

jpeg

Type

Image

Identifier

LC332P8

Rights Holder

Special Collections, John D. Rockefeller, Jr. Library, The Colonial Williamsburg Foundation

Still Image Item Type Metadata

Original Format

Gelatin or collodian printing out paper with platinum toning, mounted on board.

Physical Dimensions

8x10 inches

Citation

Lincoln, F.S., “St. George Tucker House,” John D. Rockefeller Jr. Library, Colonial Williamsburg Foundation, accessed May 22, 2022, https://rocklib.omeka.net/items/show/255.