St. George Tucker House

Dublin Core

Title

St. George Tucker House

Subject

St. George Tucker House (Williamsburg, Va.)
Historic buildings - Virginia - Williamsburg
Block 29. Building 02.
Architecture, Domestic - Virginia - Williamsburg

Description

Hand-colored lantern slide featuring photo of exterior of St. George Tucker House taken by F.S. Lincoln in 1935. It is the nineteenth slide in a set produced by the Pacific Stereopticon Co. of Los Angeles, California, now defunct, to illustrate the story of Dr. W.A.R. Goodwin's dream to restore a portion of Williamsburg, Virginia to its 18th-century appearance as a shrine to early American ideals.

This view looking northeast at the St. George Tucker property shows one of the Historic Area's original eighteenth-century houses, when still occupied by descendants of the original builder. Later additions and outbuildings have been removed and modifications made. A 1798 paint agreement specifies the color scheme used on the house. This building serves today as a donor hospitality center.

Creator

Lincoln, F.S.

Publisher

Pacific Stereopticon Co.

Date

1935

Is Part Of

Pacific Stereopticon Company Lantern Slide Collection

Format

jpeg

Type

Image

Identifier

PSC-019

Rights Holder

Special Collections, John D. Rockefeller Jr. Library, The Colonial Williamsburg Foundation

Still Image Item Type Metadata

Original Format

Lantern slide

Physical Dimensions

2 x 3 inches

Citation

Lincoln, F.S., “St. George Tucker House,” John D. Rockefeller Jr. Library, Colonial Williamsburg Foundation, accessed November 26, 2021, https://rocklib.omeka.net/items/show/565.