St. George Tucker House Kitchen

Dublin Core

Title

St. George Tucker House Kitchen

Subject

St. George Tucker House (Williamsburg, Va.)
Kitchens - Virginia - Williamsburg
Historic buildings - Virginia - Williamsburg
Block 29. Building 02.
Gardens - Virginia - Williamsburg

Description

Hand-colored lantern slide featuring photo of St. George Tucker House Kitchen taken by F.S. Lincoln in 1935. It is the twentieth slide in a set produced by the Pacific Stereopticon Co. of Los Angeles, California, now defunct, to illustrate the story of Dr. W.A.R. Goodwin's dream to restore a portion of Williamsburg, Virginia to its 18th-century appearance as a shrine to early American ideals.


View looking from the boxwood garden towards the eastern end of the St. George Tucker House. St. George Tucker, a law professor at the College of William and Mary, purchased and moved the central portion of the house from Palace Green to Market Square in 1788. He added wings to enlarge the size.

This formal garden composed of boxwood hedges is situated on the east side of the Tucker House Kitchen.

Creator

Lincoln, F.S.

Publisher

Pacific Stereopticon Co.

Date

1935

Is Part Of

Pacific Stereopticon Company Lantern Slide Collection

Format

jpeg

Type

Image

Identifier

PSC-020

Rights Holder

Special Collections, John D. Rockefeller Jr. Library, The Colonial Williamsburg Foundation

Still Image Item Type Metadata

Original Format

Lantern slide

Physical Dimensions

2 x 3 inches

Citation

Lincoln, F.S., “St. George Tucker House Kitchen,” John D. Rockefeller Jr. Library, Colonial Williamsburg Foundation, accessed December 6, 2022, https://rocklib.omeka.net/items/show/566.