New Shop Buildings, Williamsburg, Va.

Dublin Core

Title

New Shop Buildings, Williamsburg, Va.

Subject

Postcards - Virginia - Williamsburg
Merchants Square (Williamsburg, Va.)
United Service Organizations (U.S.)

Description

Recto and verso of postcard illustrated with a photo of a group of shop buildings constructed on Merchants Square in Williamsburg, Virginia. The building in the foreground transformed into a USO facility during World War II. This postcard commemorates its dedication on May 6, 1943.

The caption reads: "To serve the present-day needs of the restored colonial city, new buildings of Tidewater Virginia Colonial design containing shops and offices have been erected at the western end of Duke of Gloucester Street."

Creator

Albertype Co.

Date

1943

Is Part Of

Postcard Collection

Format

jpeg

Type

Image

Rights Holder

Special Collections, John D. Rockefeller Jr. Library, The Colonial Williamsburg Foundation

Still Image Item Type Metadata

Original Format

Postcard

Physical Dimensions

3.5 x 5.5 inches

Citation

Albertype Co., “New Shop Buildings, Williamsburg, Va.,” John D. Rockefeller Jr. Library, Colonial Williamsburg Foundation, accessed December 2, 2021, https://rocklib.omeka.net/items/show/617.