Bruton Parish Church, Williamsburg, Virginia

Dublin Core

Title

Bruton Parish Church, Williamsburg, Virginia

Subject

Bruton Parish Church (Williamsburg, Va.)
Block 21. Building 01.
Postcards - Virginia - Williamsburg
Church architecture - Virginia - Williamsburg

Description

Recto and verso of official Colonial Williamsburg postcard illustrated with a color image of the southeast exterior elevation of Bruton Parish Church. A portion of the cemetery and churchyard are visible in the foreground.

According to the caption: "Originally erected in 1710-1715, this was the court church of the Virginia Colony and is now in its third century of continuous use. It was partially restored in 1936. In its aisles and yard are the graves of two colonial governors, three secretaries of state, and other notable citizens."

Creator

Colonial Williamsburg inc.

Date

ca. 1950s

Is Part Of

Postcard Collection

Format

jpeg

Type

Image

Identifier

AV-2000-02-63-R

Rights Holder

Special Collections, John D. Rockefeller Jr. Library, The Colonial Williamsburg Foundation

Still Image Item Type Metadata

Original Format

Postcard

Physical Dimensions

3.5 x 5.5 inches

Citation

Colonial Williamsburg inc., “Bruton Parish Church, Williamsburg, Virginia,” John D. Rockefeller Jr. Library, Colonial Williamsburg Foundation, accessed May 17, 2022, https://rocklib.omeka.net/items/show/626.