Bruton Parish Church, Williamsburg, Virginia

Dublin Core

Title

Bruton Parish Church, Williamsburg, Virginia

Subject

Bruton Parish Church (Williamsburg, Va.)
Block 21. Building 01.
Church architecture - Virginia - Williamsburg
Postcards - Virginia - Williamsburg
Historical films
Williamsburg, the story of a patriot (Motion picture)

Description

Among the official Colonial Williamsburg postcards produced by H.S. Crocker Co., Inc. in the 1950s was a series featuring scenes from the new Visitor's Center orientation film known as "Williamsburg - The Story of a Patriot."

The caption reads: "This view, which recreates an eighteenth-century service in Bruton Parish Church, was taken from the Paramount-Colonial Williamsburg film, 'Williamsburg - The Story of a Patriot.' The historic church, now restored to its eighteenth-century appearance, was the Court Church of the Virginia colony. Here many great American patriots, including George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, John Marshall, and Patrick Henry, worshipped. It has been in continuous use since colonial days."

Creator

H.S. Crocker Co., Inc. for Colonial Williamsburg

Date

Circa 1957

Date Created

Circa 1957

Format

jpeg

Type

Image

Identifier

AVPC-005-R
AVPC-005-V

Rights Holder

Special Collections, John D. Rockefeller Jr. Library, The Colonial Williamsburg Foundation

Still Image Item Type Metadata

Original Format

Postcard

Physical Dimensions

3.5 x 5.5 inches

Citation

H.S. Crocker Co., Inc. for Colonial Williamsburg, “Bruton Parish Church, Williamsburg, Virginia,” John D. Rockefeller Jr. Library, Colonial Williamsburg Foundation, accessed August 17, 2022, https://rocklib.omeka.net/items/show/736.