Browse Items (9 total)

  • Collection: Singleton P. Moorehead Streetscapes

D2010-COPY-0106-1030.jpg
Looking west on Palace Green, this streetscape shows Bruton Parish Church, the George Wythe House and outbuildings, the Elkanah Deane House and the Carter Saunders House (now known as the Robert Carter House).

D2010-COPY-0106-1009.jpg
This streetscape shows the north side of Duke of Gloucester Street between Henry Street and Nassau Street. Casey Store is shown at the intersection of Henry and Duke of Gloucester streets. It is now the location of the College of William and Mary's…

T2001-59.jpg
This streetscape illustrates the east side of Palace Green. It shows the Governor's Palace, Brush House (now the Thomas Everard House), First Theatre, Levingston House (now called the Levingston Kitchen), Gilmer's Apothecary (now called the St.…

D2010-COPY-0106-1027.jpg
This streetscape illustrates the north side of Duke of Gloucester Street at Block 19. Depicted on Duke of Gloucester Street are the Geddy House, Norton House (presently called the Roscow Cole House), the Courthouse, and the Dixon Shop and Bird House…

D2010-COPY-0106-1033.jpg
This view looking north along Duke of Gloucester Street at Blocks 17 and 8, shows the Prentis and Russell houses, Craig's Shop (now the Margaret Hunter Shop), the Golden Ball, Carter's Shop (now the Unicorn's Horn and John Carter's Store), Raleigh…

D2010-COPY-0106-1006.jpg
This view along the Duke of Gloucester Street shows Block 14 bounded by Nassau and Henry Streets. To the far left along Nassau Street is the Bryan House. The Catherine Blaikley House and outbuildings are shown to the right of the Bryan House. In the…

D2010-COPY-0106-1015.jpg
This view looking south on Duke of Gloucester Street shows the Market Square Tavern, Public Magazine and the Guard House. Behind Duke of Gloucester Street is Francis Street. Two buildings are shown on Francis Street including the Lightfoot House…

D2010-COPY-0106-1019.jpg
This view shows the properties located on the south side of Duke of Gloucester Street in blocks 10 and 11 between Botetourt and Queen Streets. Dr. Carter's Brick House (now the Brick House Tavern) is depicted at the far left. To the right of the…

D2010-COPY-0106-1023.jpg
This view, looking south along Duke of Gloucester Street at Block 9, bordered by Blair and Botetourt Streets, shows a number of businesses and residences. Depicted are the Kerr House and Kitchen (now the Palmer House and Kitchen), Walthoe House,…