Browse Items (1519 total)
Pre-restoration view looking east on Duke of Gloucester Street from College Corner, Williamsburg, Virginia, December 1, 1931. The south block of Merchants Square, a shopping district created for businesses being displaced by Williamsburg's…
Pre-restoration view of a portion of Duke of Gloucester Street in Williamsburg, Virginia, prior to the removal of the grass median and telephone poles, Dec. 11, 1928.
Restoration progress view of the front elevation of the Peyton Randolph House, formerly the Randolph-Peachy House, on Nicholson Street, Williamsburg, Virginia, August 16, 1941.
Restoration progress photo of the front elevation of the Lightfoot House, previously known as the Allen-Byrd House, located on Francis Street in Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1930s.
Construction progress on Edinburgh Castle Tavern, originally known as Burdette's Ordinary, Duke of Gloucester Street, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1930s.
Progress photo of northwest elevation of the icehouse behind the Governor's Palace in Williamsburg, Virginia, November 15, 1934. Laborers works on sorting bricks to the right while portions of several railroad cars are visible to the left.
Pre-restoration view of the front elevation of the Grissell-Hay Lodging House, formerly known as the Van Garrett House, located on Nicholson Street facing the Courthouse Green in Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1930s.
Wallace shops located on Boundary Street, Williamsburg, Virginia, April 16, 1931., prior to their demolition. A "Corner Billiards" sign and a bus schedule are posted on one of the buildings.
A pre-restoration view of the Chiswell-Bucktrout House, formerly known as the Freeman House, located on Francis Street, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928. A boy stands out front on roller skates.
Pre-restoration view along Francis Street of the Ewing House, Henry K. Graves House, and Mount Ararat Baptist Church, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.
Exterior elevation of Stratford Hall, located in Westmoreland County, Virginia, as pictured in Arthur A. Shurcliff's photograph album titled "Stratford Hall: Numbered Photographs of Foundations, Brickwork, etc., excavated by the Landscape Architect"…