Browse Items (130 total)

  • Collection: D.N. Davidson Photograph Collection

D-50.jpg
Pre-restoration view looking across Palace Green towards the Robert Carter House (formerly known as the Saunders-Dinwiddie House), Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

D-48.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the Public Gaol, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

D-47.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the side elevation of the Robert Carter House (formerly the Saunders Dinwiddie House), circa 1928.

D-46.jpg
Matthew Whaley School, once located on the site of the Governor's Palace in Williamsburg, Virginia, 1928.

D-45B.jpg
Bracken Tenement, formerly known as the Montague House, at corner of Francis and S. Queen Streets, looking west, circa 1928.

D-45A.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the side and rear elevations of The Quarter, formerly known as the Emily Christian House, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

D-7A.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the Greenhow Brick Office, also known as the Debtor's Prison, circa 1928.

D-114.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the Orrell House, formerly known as the McCandlish House, Francis Street, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

D-113.jpg
Pre-restoration view of front and side elevations of the Orrell House, formerly known as the McCandlish House, Francis Street, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

D-112.jpg
Pre-restoration view of rear elevation of the Orrell House, formerly known as the McCandlish House, Francis Street, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

D-111.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the Orrell House, also known as the McCandlish House, located on Francis Street in Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

D-110.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the Mayo House, also known as Boston House, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

D-109.jpg
African-American children sit on the front porch of a house once located in Block 38, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

D-108.jpg
View of houses along Prince George Street, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928. Residence pictured are, right to left: St. Luke's House, also known as Rose of Sharon House; Dolly Jones House; Willie Jones House; and Bonner House. An African American…

D-107.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the Powder Magazine undergoing repairs, circa 1928. The side elevation of the Baptist church that once stood on Market Square is visible behind it.

D-106.jpg
John Cary House when located on Block 34, Williamsburg, Virginia, prior to its demolition, circa 1928.

D-105.jpg
View of the Dolly Jones House and St. Luke House on Prince George Street prior to their demolition, Williamsburg, Virginia, ca.1928.

D-104.jpg
African American houses once located on Block 38, Buildings 20, 21 and 25, Williamsburg, Virginia, prior to their demolition, circa 1928.

D-103.jpg
View from corner of Duke of Gloucester, Richmond, and Jamestown roads towards Brafferton Hall at the College of William and Mary, circa 1928. Sign on the shop on the far left of the photo reads "College Shop Luncheonette Student Supplies."

D-101-2.jpg
View looking down Palace Green towards Duke of Gloucester Street, Williamsburg, Virginia, 1928. Building pictured on the right are, left to right: George Wythe House, Presbyterian Church (no longer standing), and Calhoun House (no longer…