Browse Items (3 total)

  • Tags: Alexander Purdie House

H248 Print Hol-128.jpg
View looking southeast of the north façade of the Macon House, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928, before its demolition for the reconstruction of the Alexander Purdie House.

The Macon House located on Duke of Gloucester Street in Williamsburg, Virginia. It was demolished in the 1930s and the Alexander Purdie House was reconstructed on this site at a later date.

View of Alexander Purdie House from Duke of Gloucester Street, 1935. "The reconstructed Alexander Purdie House serves as the east wing of the King's Arms Tavern. In 1774, the Scottish-born Purdie founded the third of three Williamsburg newspapers…
Output Formats

atom, dc-rdf, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2