Browse Items (12 total)

  • Tags: Arches

HLS-40.jpg
Exterior view of the Wren Building at the College of William and Mary. Begun in 1695, the construction of the Wren Building marked the birth of an academic center in colonial Virginia. One of the oldest academic structures in the United States, the…

HLS-38.jpg
Exterior view of the Wren Building at the College of William and Mary. Begun in 1695, the construction of the Wren Building marked the birth of an academic center in colonial Virginia. One of the oldest academic structures in the United States, the…

AVPC-425-R.jpg
Recto and verso of postcard published by Williamsburg resident Henry Dennison Cole and sold in his shop along Duke of Gloucester Street. An example of an early Divided Back postcard, it features a view of the sanctuary of Bruton Parish Church after…

AVPC-555-R.jpg
Recto and verso of postcard depicting the interior of Bruton Parish Church published by the Albertype Company and distributed by H.D. Cole. View looking from the rear balcony down the nave of Bruton Parish Church towards the altar. The sanctuary…

AVPC-93-031-R.jpg
Recto and verso of postcard featuring the interior of Bruton Parish Church looking towards the altar.

This pre-restoration view of the church interior dates to sometime between 1907 and 1930. It reflects changes made to the sanctuary as a result…

Interior of Bruton Church
Lantern slide featuring a photo of the interior of Bruton Parish Church looking down the nave towards the altar. It is the twenty-second slide in a set produced by the Pacific Stereopticon Co. of Los Angeles, California, now defunct, to illustrate…

AV-2000-02-11-R.jpg
Postcard featuring the front entrance of the Williamsburg Inn, Williamsburg, Virginia, published by Colonial Williamsburg, Inc. and printed by Atelier Graphique, 1955.

The caption reads: "Williamsburg Inn, Williamsburg, Virginia. This structure is…

LC366P1.jpg
Exterior of the new James City County Courthouse, side view of arched brick colonnade and second story, 1935. The brick headers and stretchers of the walls are arranged in a Flemish bond pattern.

LC366P2.jpg
Exterior of the new James City County Courthouse, view of arched brick colonnade, 1935. The brick headers and stretchers of the walls are arranged in a Flemish bond pattern.

LC327P72.jpg
Central stairway of the Governor's Palace, 1935, featuring richly carved wooden paneling and architectural elements exhibiting neoclassical ornamentation. Muskets are featured to the right of the stairway.

Interior furnishings and decor reflect…