Browse Items (12 total)

  • Tags: Courthouse of 1770

N369.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the south elevation of the Courthouse of 1770 located on Duke of Gloucester Street in Williamsburg, Virginia, March 1931. At this point in time, columns and chimneys are still in place on the Courthouse, above ground power…

N6662.jpg
View of construction progress for the Colonial Parkway tunnel running underneath Duke of Gloucester Street in Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1930s. This view shows the area near the Courthouse of 1770 and Market Square.

N3364.jpg
A pre-restoration view of the Courthouse of 1770 on Duke of Gloucester Street in Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928. The Colonial Hotel is visible beyond it. A cow grazes along the edge of the street.

H007 Print Hol-87.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the Courthouse of 1770 showing the front, or south, facade with columns, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

AV-99-11-00-R1.jpg
A postcard set titled "Greetings from Historic Williamsburg. A Collection of images from Colonial Williamsburg." The cover page includes the Governor's Palace, a view of the Palace gardens, and the interior of Bruton Parish Church. Page two has…

D-92.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the Market Square area, Williamsburg, Virginia, looking west on Duke of Gloucester Street from England Street. Pictured on the left are the Peninsula Garage, Peninsula Bank and the U.S. Post Office. Beyond is the First…

D-81-2.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the Market Square area of Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928. England Street, which once bisected Market Square, led towards the Courthouse and served as a municipal center with the City Hall, City Jail, and City Garage. The…

D-81-1.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the Market Square area of Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928. England Street, which once bisected Market Square, led towards the Courthouse and served as a municipal center with the City Hall, City Jail, and City Garage. The…

D-3.jpg
Southeast elevation of the Courthouse, circa 1928, as it appeared after restoration in 1911. When a fire gutted the interior in 1911, four columns were installed to support the exterior portico.

HLS-70.jpg
Hand-colored lantern slide featuring photo of Courthouse of 1770 taken by F.S. Lincoln in 1935. One of the eighty-eight original structures at Colonial Williamsburg, the Courthouse stood on this site from 1770 onwards but underwent a number of minor…

DUR-5594.jpg
Her Majesty Elizabeth, Queen Mother of Great Britain, leaving the Courthouse of 1770 with Winthrop Rockefeller during her official visit. Carlisle Humelsine stands behind Mr. Rockefeller.
Output Formats

atom, dc-rdf, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2