Browse Items (114 total)

  • Tags: Domestic Architecture

D-50.jpg
Pre-restoration view looking across Palace Green towards the Robert Carter House (formerly known as the Saunders-Dinwiddie House), Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

D-47.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the side elevation of the Robert Carter House (formerly the Saunders Dinwiddie House), circa 1928.

D-45A.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the side and rear elevations of The Quarter, formerly known as the Emily Christian House, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

D-111.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the Orrell House, also known as the McCandlish House, located on Francis Street in Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

D-110.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the Mayo House, also known as Boston House, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

D-109.jpg
African-American children sit on the front porch of a house once located in Block 38, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

D-106.jpg
John Cary House when located on Block 34, Williamsburg, Virginia, prior to its demolition, circa 1928.

D-104.jpg
African American houses once located on Block 38, Buildings 20, 21 and 25, Williamsburg, Virginia, prior to their demolition, circa 1928.

D-84.jpg
Pre-restoration view along Francis Street of the William Finnie House, also known as the James Semple House, and the Timberlake House, now demolished, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

D-79.jpg
Pre-restoration view along Duke of Gloucester Street of the Maupin, Timberlake, and Fowler houses (Block 13, Buildings 26, 27, and 28), now demolished, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

AVPC-007-R.jpg
Postcard featuring a photo of the Brush-Everard House (now known as the Thomas Everard House) during a winter snow storm. Back of card reads: The Brush-Everard House, Williamsburg, Virginia. Built by gunsmith John Brush in 1717, this modest…

AVPC-093-R.jpg
Recto and verso of postcard featuring photo of the Carter-Saunders House (now known as the Robert Carter House.) Back of card reads: The Carter Saunders House, Williamsburg, Virginia. Erected early in the 18th century, this house was purchased by…

Swem-34.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the south façade of the the Grissell-Hay Lodging House (formerly the Archibald Blair House or Van Garrett Tenement,)

Swem-26.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the north façade of the William Lightfoot House (formerly Nightingale House), Williamsburg, Virginia. The Norfolk Café is visible to the left.

Garr-014A.jpg
Costumed interpreters on the front steps of the Ludwell-Paradise House, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1930's

Na1058.jpg
Pre-restoration view of Palace Green looking towards the George Wythe House (left) and Williamsburg Presbyterian Church (right),circa 1920's,