Browse Items (11 total)

  • Tags: George Wythe House

D-101-2.jpg
View looking down Palace Green towards Duke of Gloucester Street, Williamsburg, Virginia, 1928. Building pictured on the right are, left to right: George Wythe House, Presbyterian Church (no longer standing), and Calhoun House (no longer…

D-101-1.jpg
View looking down Palace Green towards Duke of Gloucester Street, Williamsburg, Virginia, 1928. Building pictured on the right are, left to right: George Wythe House, Presbyterian Church (no longer standing), and Calhoun House (no longer standing).…

Garr-041A.jpg
First floor interior passageway at George Wythe House, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1930's. On verso of photo is a note written by the photographer.

Na1058.jpg
Pre-restoration view of Palace Green looking towards the George Wythe House (left) and Williamsburg Presbyterian Church (right),circa 1920's,

AV-2003-06-62-R.jpg
Recto and verso of postcard illustrated with a photo of the George Wythe House as viewed from Palace Green, Williamsburg, Virginia. Created by the Albertype Co. and published by the Williamsburg Drug Co., the card dates to the early 1930s. It shows…

AV-2000-2-74-R.jpg
Recto and verso of postcard illustrated with an interior view of the George Wythe House kitchen, where several African American costumed interpreters are demonstrating colonial cooking techniques.

Caption reads: "The kitchen of the Wythe House was…

AVPC-070-R.jpg
Recto and verso of official Colonial Williamsburg postcard illustrated with a photo of the George Wythe House as viewed from Palace Green, circa late 1930s.

The caption reads: "Erected in 1755, this house was willed to George Wythe in 1775. Wythe…

AV-2000-02-62-R.jpg
Recto and verso of postcard published by James E. Abbe that features an exterior view of Bruton Parish Church. The rear of the George Wythe House is visible in the background.

A smaller seventeenth-century structure stood on the site from 1683…

AV-2003-06-57-R.jpg
Recto and verso of postcard published by Louis Kaufmann & Sons in the early 1920s. It features the Confederate Memorial once located at the southern end of Palace Green in Williamsburg, Virginia. In the background is the George Wythe House, which…

D2010-COPY-0106-1030.jpg
Looking west on Palace Green, this streetscape shows Bruton Parish Church, the George Wythe House and outbuildings, the Elkanah Deane House and the Carter Saunders House (now known as the Robert Carter House).